Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

November 8th, 2006 22:00

Help! Limited or no connectivity

Hello,

I have a Inspiron B130 and it has worked great so far until last week.  The wireless connection all of a sudden just stop, it says that it has limited or no connectivity but I have a very strong signal strenght but nothin, I also tried connect through the ethernet port, but still got the same thing, limited or no connectivity but with a strong signal.  I have  tried restoring to a pervious date, i have tried winsockfix but nothing has worked.  Any help would be so wonderful, thank you so much

28K Posts

November 9th, 2006 00:00

To help troubleshoot this problem, go to Start > Run and type cmd then click OK. In the command prompt window that opens, type ipconfig /all then hit the enter key. Write down the output from this command or select it and save it to a txt file, then copy this output into a reply to this message.

Steve

2 Posts

November 9th, 2006 14:00

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name:
Primary Dns Suffix:
Node Type: Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled: No
WINS Proxy Enabled: No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection---specific DNS suffix:
Description: Dell Wireless 1370 WLAN Mini-PCI Card
Physical Address: 00-16-CF-0D-20-4C
Dhcp Enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enable: Yes
IP Address: 192.168.1.133
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DHCP: 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers: 68.238.64.12

Lease Obtained: Thursday, November 09, 2006 6:34:16 AM
Lease Expires: Friday, November 10, 2006 6:34:16 AM

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection

Media State: Media disconnected
Description: Broadcom 400x 10/100 Integrated Controller
Physical Address: 00-15-C5-64-F2-2F

November 10th, 2006 19:00

Try to check the network connections first click start--->control panel---->network connections---->right click on wireless network connection---->properties---->click internet protocol on the list and then click properties------> make sure its on obtain IP address automatically..

for limited or no connectivity make sure that you type the network key(WEP) correctly if your network is a secured one. if the WEP key is correct try to check and disable all your firewalls. if still this does not work try going to device manager and uninstall/reinstall the drivers for the wireless card. you could try updating the drivers of your wireless adapter.

hope this help.

1 Message

May 10th, 2009 01:00

I understand everything everyone is sayin but none of it works. i uninstalled on of the two adapters thinking that i still had the cd but i didnt. when i log on to the wireless internet it says that there is limited or no connectivity. I click repair but it stops when it gets to the "Renewing IP Adress".I was just on wireless internet about an hour earlier and it worked fine but when i got home that is what it started doing. Please help me i need my internet and i HATE dial up.

366 Posts

May 10th, 2009 10:00

how do you connect, adsl or cable? if adsl have you tried unplugging the router for a minute then trying again.  As you have trouble with both wireless and ethernet I'm wondering about the router or internet side of things. I don't know anything about cable really, but there are plenty who can offer advice on that side.

No Events found!