Re: How do I install again my wireless driver?

Jump to solution

Hi Pagkalis,

Below are the set of drivers you are looking for:

Windows 8.1 is a preview version and there are compatibility issues with it. Unfortunately Dell currently has no support for it, though you may refer to the link http://bit.ly/16zE2WH for Windows 8.1 Preview FAQs and to the link http://bit.ly/17EWcuN for accessing the Microsoft Online Community setup to assist customers with how-to questions.

Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pagkalis
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi

I downloaded the Intel Management Engine Interface (Windows 7 64 bit) link you provided but could not install it.

I got: 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Pagkalis,

As I informed you earlier that there can be compatibility issues of the Windows 7 drivers with Windows 8.1 as it is a preview version. Also, what you can try doing is installing the drivers compatible to Windows 8 or installing Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode. Here are the steps:

• Download the driver from the Link shared above and double click on the file and extract it on the desktop in a folder.
  • Look for setup file in the extracted folder.
  • Right click ‘.exe’ file and click ‘Properties’.
  • Click “install in compatibility mode’.
  • Click on Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’.
  • Next, click on ‘Troubleshoot Program’.
  • Click on Program worked in earlier versions of Windows.
  • Click on ‘Windows 7’.
  • Click on ‘Start the Program’.
  • Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes.
  • Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next’.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
0 Kudos
Pagkalis
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

That did it. Thanks

Consider the matter closed.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Pagkalis,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance in future.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
0 Kudos