Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

December 1st, 2014 14:00

How to enable bluetooh: Fn+F2, even tho Dell QuickSet says it is turned on ,

BLUETOOTH icon tells me to ENABLE BLUETOOTH.  

PLUS NO LOCAL SERVICES OR CLIENT APPLICATIONS listed.  Did go to Dell website, download and reinstall software.

What do you recommend would be my next step?

December 2nd, 2014 07:00

Hi kkfitch,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum,

Please click on this link http://ow.ly/Felbs which has more information and details about the Bluetooth switch and enabling the Bluetooth devices on your computer. Complete this and revert us with the system status.

5 Posts

December 4th, 2014 14:00

Did click on the link, in your response.

1.  The Fn+Fn2 does show that both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on.  Takes a number of tries, to get it to show up.

2.  Really need to know where to download the applicable software, as the: Local Services; and, Client Applications have disappeared.

3.  Coincidentally after clickin on your "link", have numerous ads that now appear, in their own browser page.  Try as I might, even Blocking the addresses, 'they' continue to keep popping up.  HELP !!!!

December 5th, 2014 10:00

Hi kkfitch,

Thank you for your response, the Wireless is turned ON and we believe its working fine. Let us know what Software you wanted to install on the computer, when i opened the link it did not give me the ads or any other pop-up. let us know if you've any other issues / concerns and we'll be glad to assist.

5 Posts

December 5th, 2014 11:00

Thank you for getting back to me.

Need the software for the Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module.

Should that be unable to resolve the problem, to 'pair' my smartphone, could that mean that the hardware has malfunctioned?

kk

December 6th, 2014 11:00

Hi kkfitch,

Please click on this link http://ow.ly/FtuAb which has the Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth module software. Install the same and revert us with the system status.

5 Posts

December 6th, 2014 12:00

Downloaded the software.  

Message stated:  SETUP HAS DETECTED AN INCOMPATIBLE VERSION OF WINDOWS.

Checked: the one you sent is for Windows 7

My Windows version is: XP PRO !!!!

What next?

December 9th, 2014 01:00

Hi kkfitch,

Thank you for the update, Windows XP OS support is ended and you may not be able to install the software due to compatibility issues. You may try saving the .exe file, right click on the file, click on properties and click on Compatibility, select the compatibility as Windows XP and click on Apply. Install the software and let us know if that works.

5 Posts

December 9th, 2014 09:00

Was hoping, even tho' Win XP support ended, that Dell would still be able to service their computers.
Compatibility was with Win: 95, NT, 2000, ME, etc.  Did not include Win XP, therefore gave me the same error message as before.
Do you have one for VISTA?  Maybe it would work????
Thank you for continuing to attempt to assist in resolving my problem.

kkfitch

December 11th, 2014 00:00

Hi kkfitch,

Dell manufactures the Hardware and the Software has to be supported from Microsoft which is Windows XP where the support is ended. Any latest OS software cannot be installed on Older version OS computers and you might either try upgrading your OS to Windows 7 or you might try the same step in installing and select the Windows Vista as Compatible instead of Windows XP OS..

Hope we've answered your question

No Events found!