Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2008 15:00

How to network a printer

I have a wireless home network to which I would like to add a printer, but I'm not sure if it can be done. The printer is currently connected by cable to one of the computers. However, it can also be added to a wired ethernet network. Is there some way the printer can be made available to computers on my wireless network? Your suggestions are welcome!

November 25th, 2008 15:00

Hello Rita,

Follow the steps but only for windows 200/XP:

1. First, open the Printers control panel by choosing Start > Settings > Printers.

2. Select Add Printer and you will start the Add Printer Wizard. Select Next until you see the window that asks if the printer is a Local or Network Printer

3. Select Network Printer and press Next. The next window will ask you to locate the printer on the network. Select either Next (Windows 2000/XP) or Browse (Windows 98) to find the printer.

Windows 2000/XP:

4. . Once you know the name of the printer you would like to add, you can browse the network to find the printer. You will need to read the printer name from right to left in order to browse to its location.

For example if you want to add

5.To add the printer Tes printer.UWPlatt, select NDPS Printers > NDPS Controlled Printers > UWPlatt > UWPlatt > Labs, and finally the printer BOE104. This will add the NDPS printer and will automatically download the appropriate printer driver.

6. if you would like this printer to be the default printer.

7.Select either Yes or No and choose Next.

You should now receive a confirmation window that states that you have successfully added this printer.

Hope this will help you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Hemanth

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 25th, 2008 16:00

You can also try...

Sharing a printer through a wireless network

Rick

No Events found!