Highlighted
boricua23
1 Nickel

I really hope someone can help me :)

I have a dell inspiron e1505, about 3 months ago out of nothing it couldn't connect to the internet. I didn't drop it, i didn't spill anything or do a system restore, nothing!!!

the other 2 laptops we have are working just fine, no problem connecting to the internet at all.

I do have things i don't wanna lose even though they are in a flash drive. when i click on the button that shows the internet signal(the bars) it says "limited access" instead of "connected" and there is a yellow thing where the internet signals are supposed to be.

my dad bought it from the internet at a good price and he gave it to me but the copy of windows is not genuine, i don't know if he did something or the seller did. 

it says "windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine"  (AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT)

this is what i could find about the laptop:

Os name:microsoft windows 7 ultimate

Veresion: 6.1.7601 service pack 1 build 7601

other OS description: not available

os manufacturer: microsoft corporation

system name: Ghost

system model: MM061

system type: X86 based PC

processor: genuine intel(R) CPU t2050 @ 1.60GHz,1600...

SMBIOS version : 2.4

I don't know what else to give you about the laptop but i will pay attention to every reply, i hope you can help me 🙂 thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: I really hope someone can help me :)

Hi enrcur,

You need to check with the retailer, if the Operating system on the system is Dell factory installed. Dell has not tested Windows 7 Operating system on this system model. Hence required drivers are not available.
With regards to the internet connectivity, try running Windows update which may pick up windows drivers that might help.

Reply to this post for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Sujatha K
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

0 Kudos