Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

January 27th, 2018 12:00

Inspirion 15 7537 Network won't connect to 5ghz

I have Dell Inspirion 15 7537 and my stupid wifi card doesn't support 5ghz this computer is only a year and half old.  Where can I find a affordable new card to upgrade this?  Why would you ever put this **bleep** wifi card in a laptop that I take everywhere. 

2.3K Posts

January 27th, 2018 15:00

So your laptop was introduced in mid 2013 and from what I can tell it was a lower to mid range model. Back then the 5Ghz spectrum was rather expensive to invest in so people were sticking with the 2.4. You can upgrade the card however and its described in the link below on how to remove the old one and get a new one. I believe its the PCI Express mini card standard, not the M.2 for your laptop. Should cost you about 30 to 50 dollars US.

February 11th, 2018 07:00

I had the same problem, but a friend of mine who was really into computers solved my problem. I went to Best Buy and bought a USB wireless adapter. I could only connect to the 2.4 but now I can connect to the 5G on my modem.

Hope this helps. The USP drive was only $30.

1 Message

February 11th, 2018 08:00

f

3 Posts

March 4th, 2018 09:00

- I can't find the link that you have mentioned.

- Earlier I had a HP Laptop which is much older model and even that one had 5 Ghz adaptor! I was really disappointed Dell Inspiron 15R does not have this adaptor .... this gave me a feeling Dell is NOT value for money

No Events found!