Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 23rd, 2009 21:00

Inspiron 1100 - what is the built-in NIC?

I can't determine it from the BIOS, from within device manager and the Dell download list has 10 -12 possiblities. 

So please, is there a way that I can determine which NIC this laptop has.  Fwiw, I am not using it to type this msg.

Thanks, Scott

2.2K Posts

February 23rd, 2009 21:00

The NIC is most likely the Broadcom found here:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R61603&SystemID=INS_PNT_CEL_1100&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=2966&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=5&fileid=78207

Many of the other devices listed are the wireless variety, which I assume you are not asking about.

For what it's worth, I am typing this on an Inspiron 1100. It has the Broadcom built in network interface.....

6 Posts

February 23rd, 2009 22:00

Thanks for the quick reply, hrova.  Appreciate it.

Yeah, I kind of was leaning towards the Broadcom driver only because it was the first one listed.  So I downloaded it to my flash drive & installed it onto the 1100 w/o any problem - so far.

I am giving up for the night.  I'll attempt to make the 'net connection in the morning and will post my results here.

Thanks again.

Scott

6 Posts

February 24th, 2009 19:00

Well I am good to go.  I am typing this on the 1100 after doing a bunch of Dell & MS updates.  Still have a few things to do, but at least I am using this new to me 'puter.

It was the Broadcom integrated NIC.  I was pretty burnt out when I posted that last msg last night.  For whatever reason the Dell website really creeps along on both the old and new computers.  More so on the old than the new, but they both were getting me pretty aggravated.  Oh well, things are better now.

Thanks again for you help.

Later,

Scott

No Events found!