Inspiron 1525 wireless card not working

I recently restarted windows vista on my inspiron 1525 laptop. I printed off the driver list and installed everything in order. My wireless card is not working. The computer connects to the internet via a cable without problem and this seams to be the only issue I am having. On entering the device manager menu  I am informed that the network controller driver is not installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Re: Inspiron 1525 wireless card not working

Hi Inspiron1525user

Welcome to the community,

It seems you have not installed the drivers for your I 1525 laptop.  The network controller driver is  the wireless driver which is not currently installed.

Please install the driver for the wireless card using this link:

www.Support.dell.com

Click on drivers and then put in the service tag and select windows OS which is installed on the computer.

Under network you will find the drivers for the wireless card.

You need to install the driver for the card which is installed in your laptop.

If in case you are not able to figure it out, please add me as a friend and then PM me the service tag for your laptop I will; get you the current drivers.

Note: Once the driver is   installed you need to use the wireless switch in order to scan for the Network .

The Inspiron 1525 system ships with a wireless feature called the wireless switch. It is located on the right side of the system. To scan for a Wi-Fi wireless LAN, slide and hold the switch in the momentary position for a few seconds. The Wi-Fi Catcher network locator works whether the computer is turned on or off, in Hibernate mode, or in Standby mode, as long as the switch is configured through Quickset or the BIOS to control Wi-Fi network connections.

Glad to be of assistance.

Ravi Mohindroo

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

Inspiron1525user,

Did you install the Notebook System Utility and the chipset drivers first? If not, then rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Can you run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The wireless button does nothing, no light comes on. As i mentioned I have installed every driver in the correct order including the correct 'network' driver.

0 Kudos

Inspiron1525user,

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
creasey318
1 Copper

I have the same model and have the same problem. Can get a very slow connection using Ethernet cable but nothing more. I have no idea how to install drivers in a particular order. After installing the OS I put the driver disk in but it just loaded everything itself without giving me the option to choose. I have the list of what drivers go in what order but have no idea how to go about doing it.
0 Kudos

creasey318,

Just go follow the list, desktop/notebook system utility, then the chipset drivers and things will start working.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
junycuqui
1 Copper

I'm having the to the problem, I had to format the hard drive, re-install windows and although I have the disk drives and also installed everything the netwoek drivers were not loaded, I downloaded all the drives from dell support website, I'm able to connet to the internet pluged directly but NOT wireless.  Please Help! 

0 Kudos

junycuqui,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos

RE: Inspiron 1525 wireless card not working

I have done all this w a flash drive. It is saying a wireless network adapter is not installed or software is not installed. I had wireless before I wiped the hard drive

0 Kudos