Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2009 10:00

Inspiron 1545 losing internet connection

I have had my inspiron 1545 laptop for a little over a month now. Things were going great until last week when my laptop started losing the wireless internet connection periodically.

I can surf the internet for a little while, then the pages wont load and I get a message to check my internet connection. All other computers and video game systems are still connected to the internet, but my laptop won't reconnect until I restart it. Which is starting to get a little annoying having to restart once every hour. I use Firefox as my web browser and switched to IE to see if it was Firefox causing the issues, however the same thing happens with IE.

Also sometimes when I try to restart it, it will not restart without using the power button to shut it down.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this or what is causing it?

1 Message

October 2nd, 2009 15:00

hey hey! I got the same problem. I got the inspiron 1545 with the intel wifi 5100 card....do you have the same one? You dont have to restart it with the button but it takes a long long long before it restart. I wish someone could post an answer!!!

11 Posts

October 3rd, 2009 09:00

This is what I have,

Wireless Networking Cards
Dell Wireless 1397 802.11g Half Mini-Card

I figured out I dont have to restart from the button, but it takes FOREVERRRRRRR to restart it. Would be nice if someone from Dell can reply and maybe help us out.

No Events found!