Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2007 09:00

Inspiron 530 will not connect to the internet via LAN cable connection

Inspiron 530 will not connect to the internet via the LAN cable connection.
Other computer (laptop) connected with same cable causes no problem at all.

Dis anybody have had the same problem? And how was it solved?

3 Posts

December 15th, 2007 12:00

disable and enable the network connection. if that does not work try to ping and see whether it connects to the router. If the ping works then try to disabling the wirewall and see whether that helps.

186 Posts

December 15th, 2007 12:00

if you have a firewall outside of windows firewall it could be preventing you from getting online, disable it.
 If you are using vista don't worry vista firewall will automatically come on when you disable the other.

Good Luck.

2 Posts

December 15th, 2007 15:00

Thanks for your replay!

I have tried all of your suggestions and more:
- disable/enable the router/modem for the DSL connection
- ping the router ip-address (no response)
- disable/enable the firewall
- hard set the Inspiron ip-address in the network settings

I have been in contact with the Dell helpdesk for over a month now, without success until now.

By the way the router is a Davolink DV-201AMR

13 Posts

June 30th, 2008 12:00

I initially failed in trying to get two new Inspiron 530's I set up to initially connect to the internet.  After many tries, I finally took my router out of the circuit, shut down the computer, unplugged the ethernet cable from the modem to the computer and rebooted the modem, either by unplugging it for 20 seconds, or in one case, hitting the reset button on the back of the modem. Then I replugged the ethernet cable from the modem to the ethernet port on the computer and rebooted the computer. I was able to access the internet.

When the router was reconnected, internet access was denied. This was cured by resetting the routers to factory default, (puching and holding reset button on back of router) and then reinstalling the router.

I hope this experience helps others.

No Events found!