Highlighted
ClvkC
1 Copper

Inspiron 7560, WiFi Hotspot, No Internet, Secured

I very recently bought a Dell Inspiron 7560, and have found the wifi to be absolutely terrible. My issue is changing wifi hotspots. When I first got the Laptop home, I connected to my home wifi without an issue. However, when taking the laptop to work I entered the wifi information and connected to the network, but get the yellow warning symbol on the wifi that says No Internet, Secured.

If I run the Windows Network Diagnostics, it's hit or miss if it will even detect a problem. But when it does work. windows will do a complete wifi adaptor reset, meaning I have to enter my user name and password again (and if you take more than 3 seconds, it deletes what you wrote), before I can then run the trouble shooter a second time in order for windows to find that ' "wifi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. ' Which will fix the issue (until I get home, and then I have the same issue with my home wifi, rinse repeat ever day since I've had this laptop).

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the wifi network card drivers several times, including uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling. I've checked the web for the latest drivers. I've used the command prompt to end netsh. Under properties Both Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) are set to obtain IPv4/ IPv6 and DNS server addresses automatically, but still this continues. This is all getting rather tedious for something every other wireless device I've ever owned has managed to do from day one without issue.

Is there a permanent, I don't have to mess around with anything fix for this issue?

Regards,
Matt rogers

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Inspiron 7560, WiFi Hotspot, No Internet, Secured

Hi ClvkC,

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information you may find helpful: http://dell.to/2vmqXn3

If not, please post your computer model and Operating system. Thanks

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
markhascole
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron 7560, WiFi Hotspot, No Internet, Secured

Buddy your problem can easily be solved by changing your mobile hotspot because I had faced pretty same issue while I am using unreliable mobile hotspot but now I am using Verizon MiFi 6620L mobile wifi hotspot, and I am no issues connecting any of my devices on it.

0 Kudos