Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2009 15:00

Inspiron 910 wireless internet problem

I'm a newbie on this site. I'm here because I'm having a problem with the wireless internet connection on my new Inspiron 910 laptop. My computer connects to the internet, but it is slower than a dead dog. It took me 55 minutes to download the Google toolbar two nights ago. I haven't be able to log on to the Norton website to register my software because the connection keeps churning and churning. I also have an Inspiron 1525 laptop that works with no problems, so I'm assuming the problem is with the 910 (or with how I set it up). Has anyone else had that problem and, if so, have you found a solution? Running Windows XP operation system and Internet Explorer 6. Wireless 802.11g mini card. I'd appreciate any help you can offer. I scrolled through the questions and answers already posted, but couldn't find anything related to my problem.

1.7K Posts

March 9th, 2009 12:00

Since the other computer isn't seeing a slow connection it probably isn't interferrence.  I'd start by running the diagnostics for the wireless card.  You might want to make sure the antennae are connected to the card properly as well (if loose, they can cause the probelms you describe).  if that doesn't work then you will probably need to contact tech support for further troubleshooting.

366 Posts

March 10th, 2009 03:00

one quick point re your security products: you only mention wireless, can you connect via ethernet? If so update your security products that way.

No Events found!