Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2009 09:00

Inspiron E1505 Modem and Wireless adapter Install

I recently reinstalled my OS of my E1505 and was installing drivers from the Dell Resource CD (which was for an ME051, is this a problem?).  But, after installing all of the drivers and system software my Intel ProSet Wireless program still says there is no supported wireless adapter on the computer...I also cannot create a connection when I connected the laptop to my hardline DSL cable.  Is there anyone who might know of a solution to this problem or possibly what I might have done wrong?

In addition, the video card driver will not install saying that one or more files needed to complete the install were missing and it closes the install wizard.  Just in case any of you can answer that as well.

Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 25th, 2009 10:00

Thawk4prez,

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first(if applicable), then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

:emotion-55: Hint :emotion-55: When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software(if applicable)
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

5 Posts

August 25th, 2009 11:00

Thanks for the reply.  I don't have any connection to the internet on that computer so I used the Resource CD to install the necessary drivers.  Will these drivers cover the scope of what I need to be installing?  Also, If I have already installed these drivers on the reinstalled OS computer in the wrong order, do I need to reintstall the OS and do it all over again?  I have tried to go back and do things in order but that is not working now that it's already been done before.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 25th, 2009 11:00

Thawk4prez,

The desktop/notebook Utility needs to be installed first(if your system has this) and the chipset drivers. These can be found on the drivers disk.

Then install the other drivers.

What do you see in device manager?

Rick

5 Posts

August 26th, 2009 06:00

I reinstalled everything and I was able to get the internet connection working throughthe hardline and then went online and found the wireless drivers.  So all of that is taken care of.  However, I still cannot load the driver for the Video Card.  It told me that there was a missing file when i originally tried to install it with the other drivers.  I went online to find the drivers because other people had said that they worked from the website but I dowloaded it and it says that my computer doesnt meet the minimum requirements to install the driver!  I'm not sure what to do now...is there another driver from dell that I could use..right now i'm trying to install the 945gm card.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 26th, 2009 09:00

Thawk4prez,

You may want to post something in the Laptop Video Forum. They may have seen this and know the answer. Please tell them What you have done so far, as it may be an easy fix.

Rick

1 Message

March 26th, 2012 20:00

I know it's been a couple of years, but I have the exact same problem. I installed a new hard drive and new RAM chips on my E1505 and reinstalled the Dell Resource CD. EXACTLY the same 2 problems - no supported wireless adapter and video file missing. What did you end up doing. I tried to follow the advise and reinstalled the drivers in the given order - but no luck - still without a wireless adapter or video card. And still can't connect via hardline DSL.

Appreciate any help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 27th, 2012 02:00

recoverydoc,

The Dell Notebook System Software and the Intel Mobile Chipset and the Ricoh R5C832 drivers need installed first or the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Just follow the list and things should satrt working.

Rick

No Events found!