Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2013 15:00

Inspiron N5050 wont connect to Pixma printer via WiFi

Just purchased Pixma 5350 printer. Laptop will not connect via WiFi. Printer is connected to router via WiFi,laptop is connected to router via WiFi but not to each other. Printer works perfectly when connected to laptop via USB cable. Have un-installed and re-installed several times but cannot get the two to connect to each other. Anyone got any ideas? have tried allsorts of troubleshooting but no joy.  Help please!!

1.3K Posts

April 24th, 2013 18:00

Hi Kaydubbayoo,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

To use the Canon Pixma 5350 printer in wireless connection, select the setup method first.

Standard setup connection
WPS connection

Solution:
Select the Standard setup connection

Click on the link below for FAQs and drivers for your Canon Pixma 5350.

http://bit.ly/RK8DIo

You may need to uninstall the printer software, re-boot the system and re-install the printer software.

Also check the firewall settings on your Dell computer.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site 

1.3K Posts

April 29th, 2013 16:00

Hi Kaydubbayoo,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

May 1st, 2013 07:00

Hi. Sorry I have taken so long to get back to you, I have been trying various different forums and troubleshooting sites to try and get this problem sorted. I have tried doing what you have suggested but still no luck getting the laptop to connect to the printer via WiFi. I f you have any other suggestions please send them to me. Thanks.

Ken.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 1st, 2013 10:00

Ken,

Please continue with DELL-Babita S

What operating system is installed on the Inspiron N5050? 32-bit or 64-bit? Was the operatign system recently installed/reinstalled?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Can you run Network Interface and post the results back here?

Rick

1.3K Posts

May 1st, 2013 13:00

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your reply.

Please click on the two links mentioned below for setting up your Pixma MG5350 printer wirelessly.

http://bit.ly/ZWroj9

http://bit.ly/10W5RKF

Hope this helps resolve the issue for you. Please check the wireless capability of your printer as well. In case the wireless card on the printer is defective, you would not be able to use the  printer wirelessly. There may be a Wi-Fi indicator on your printer. Please check the colour of the Wi-fi light to confirm wireless activity status.

Let me know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

May 4th, 2013 23:00

Hi Ken,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic.  If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

No Events found!