Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

November 14th, 2008 14:00

Inspiron Wireless problem

Hy, I'm new around here and this is my problem.

I've got a Dell Inspirion 1520 and mostly i'm using the wireless connection for internet. As such i have a favorite network that i use, that was until last night. When I shut down my laptop last night the connection was still working and this morning when i opened my laptop it wasn't and it won't even detect it.

Which is the real problem. It can detect other wireless networks in the area but not this one, not anymore. And one of my room mates has an Asus Laptop and to him it connects in an instant right after he opens his laptop.

I should mention i have a Windows XP with automatic updates turned On and wire type connections are working.

2.4K Posts

November 15th, 2008 23:00

Try a System Restore to a previous date.  I think its in Accessories/system tools.

November 16th, 2008 05:00

Heh...well, my system restore is turned off :emotion-10:

14.4K Posts

November 16th, 2008 09:00

Try reinstalling the drivers for your wireless adapter

66 Posts

November 17th, 2008 14:00

Hi,

66 Posts

Hi,

66 Posts

Hi,

I have the same problem with an Inspiron 1000 laptop.  I have tried everything, and still it only detects other wireless networks nearby.  It will not detect my own wireless network.  Anyone any ideas as to what I can try next.  When I use the ethernet connection, it is okay.

Martin

Thanks for the sugestion. I'll try that after i get ahold of them. For now they are a couple of cities away.

1.7K Posts

November 18th, 2008 09:00

I have the same problem with an Inspiron 1000 laptop.  I have tried everything, and still it only detects other wireless networks nearby.  It will not detect my own wireless network.  Anyone any ideas as to what I can try next.  When I use the ethernet connection, it is okay.

What type of wireless router are you trying to connect to?

No Events found!