Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2015 23:00

Inspiron15 3542 wifi problem

Hi

We have bought 11 Dell inspiron 15 3542 laptops with windows 8 on which no one at our company wants so i have been busy installing windows 7 32bit on them.

I have used my service tags and downloaded all the drivers from the website and everything install just fine even the wifi but according to the laptop there are now wifi towers at all. In  windows 8 it sees all the wifi towers no problem so there has to be something wrong with the driver.

The laptops use the Dell Wireless 1705 WiFi + Bluetooth Driver i have also tried the 1704 and the 1703 driver with no success but that is not surprising.

Please can some help me sort this out. 

3 Posts

March 9th, 2015 02:00

Hi Jesse

Thanks for coming back to me.

I eventually found that FN+PrtScr button worked

Regards

Johan

3 Posts

March 9th, 2015 02:00

Hi Jesse

Thanks for coming back to me i have been pressing the FN+F2 and nothing happend so in the end i just hit FN + all thekeys nd what finally worked was hitting the FN+PrtScr button

So thanks for steering me in that direction

• 

16.7K Posts

March 6th, 2015 06:00

slcjohan,

Is the WIFI turned on in Windows 7? If not, you can turn it on by pressing the FN+F2 key

Click the links below for more information to help your resolve this issue.

Why Cant I find A Wireless Network

Dell Networking and Wireless Support Center

April 6th, 2016 07:00

hello, i have dell inspiron 3542 laptop even though it has wireless drivers there is no option of turning on wifi and even if i download the driver and try to install it iam unable to.. i have tried fn+pristscreen too but still iam facing the same problem.. any solution?

June 16th, 2021 12:00

did u find the solution?

No Events found!