Highlighted
kakirchman
1 Copper

Installing Printer for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2

I work from home remotely and must be able to print.  The system I log into for work runs Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2.  I have been told that they are unable to make my printer work on the server.  However, in the past they have made a similar model printer work.  The old printer I used was a Dell V505.  This one is a Dell V715w.  I run Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit OS.  I am not a technical person, but I am sure that if they were able to make the Dell V505 work, they should be able to make the Dell V715w work.  Can anyone help with this so I can help them? I am trying to not have to purchase a more expensive printer for work, but I must be able to print.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: Installing Printer for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2

kakirchman,

Did you try...

Logging in to your work server. While you're there, insert the printer disk and try installing the printer. Is the printer connected to your 2003 server network or just at home connected to your wireless network?

I know Dell does not have server drivers for their Dell Inkjet Printers, so I'm not sure what you did to get the Dell V505 to work.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos