Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2006 12:00

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter softwear (w70n51.sys)

My system crashed ahd recovered.  I got a message from Microsoft that Dell has a solution to the problem but I do not know how to get it.  I searched for the above file but got no results.

11 Posts

July 29th, 2006 22:00

For us to help you out, you're gonna have to give us more info, without it I can't help you out....*sighs* sorry about this, but the more info we have the better we can do this, and solve this issue

3 Posts

July 30th, 2006 14:00

I have a Latitude D 505 windows XP professional SP2 on a wireless network.  I attemped to open a website (do not remember which site)  when the system locked up.  I could not close so I pulled the charger plug and removed the battery.  When it rebooted I got a message from Microsoft Online Crash analysis.

"Solution found: contact Dell Inc. to obtain the update"

The error was likely caused by:

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter software (w70n51.sys)

Solution

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter software (w70n51.sys) was created by Dell Inc. Dell Inc. informed Microsoft that they have a solution available for the problem you reported. To learn more about the solution, Dell Inc, recommends that you visit the following website:

Dell Inc.

I can't find any soultion at Dell's website.  when I search "w70n51.sys" I get no results found.

My system seems to be working well at this time, but do I need to install the fix that Microsoft suggested?  If so how do I find it?

Thank you for you help

1 Message

August 2nd, 2006 16:00

I just got the same error today.  I'm running on a Latitude X300 w/windows XP.  I simply booted up my computer, at which point I received a prompt that a serious error had occured.  The Microsoft website gave be the same error message and suggested I contact Dell.  In searching the Dell site, I've not been able to locate any solutions associated with the LAN 2100 3B Mini PC Adapter Software.  If anyone has any insight, please advise.

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 15th, 2007 13:00

the exact same problem occured to me too! mine is latitude D500. microsoft says that dell has the update for it, but where and how can i find it?
thank you.

2 Posts

January 25th, 2007 06:00

Did you manage to solve the problem?

1 Message

April 25th, 2007 17:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop. This morning my screen went blue with the warning that an error had occured related to the Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter Software (W70n51.sys) and that Dell had a fix for this problem. My problem looks like exactly every concern listed on the forum under that notice. Any fix out there yet?

12 Posts

May 3rd, 2007 15:00

I had exactly the same thing happen to me today on my Inspiron 600m. Is it a matter of downloading and reinstalling the driver? I also could not find anything specific to that w70n51.sys on the Dell website. So, I'm just adding my voice to the chorus!

2 Posts

June 8th, 2007 14:00

I have the same problem and I dont know where to find an update for the driver or what the heck is needed, but my latitude goes down too often now due to this "feature" :-(

michael

12 Posts

June 18th, 2007 14:00

I ended up downloading an updated driver for the Adapter from the Dell website. It seems to have fixed the problem. Just go to Dell and search for the driver by name.

1 Message

July 19th, 2007 02:00

a few things; first Bambiz, why not be helpful and post the link to the driver that you found?

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R105328&SystemID=INS_PNT_P4M_8600&servicetag=DG3H941&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=4155&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=6&catid=5&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=5&fileid=135925

The link above is for a driver for the Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI, but there is no mention that it will resolve the issue.

Is this the driver you installed? Have you experienced this problem since installing the driver?

Also, searching for drivers in the Dell support sections is cumbersome and not very intuitive. Thanks for no help.

Additionally, the webpage that the pop up takes you to once you reboot from the blue screen states that it's adapter software issue. Does this mean the driver? Why the bleep doesn't Microsoft say Driver instead of adapter software?

There's a link for some sort of software as well:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R105331&SystemID=INS_PNT_P4M_8600&servicetag=DG3H941&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=4155&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=5&catid=5&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=5&fileid=135983

This problem was caused by Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter software (w70n51.sys). Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter software (w70n51.sys) was created by Dell Inc..

Last, what's with the level of security required for the password on a f'n forum?

"Password: must contain at least one uppercase character. Your password must be 6 or more characters, contain at least one lowercase character, one uppercase character, one digit, and no repeated sequence of 3 or more characters. Your password can't be a subset of your login name."

Are you f'n kidding me?

Regards,
B
No Events found!