Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2005 00:00

Intel PRO/Wirelss 2915 ABG

I posted this on the General Hardware section of the Inspiron 6000 board, but i figured i'd give here a try as well...

I literally just got my new Inspiron 6000 two days ago. Everything works fine except for the wireless card. It is an Intel PRO/Wireless 2915 ABG. When i go into the Intel PROSet configurer, it says that "No supported Wireless Adapters available in the system". In the device manager, the card shows up, but with an error. When i check the properties of the card, a message box pops up saying "Adapter State Not Found in Registry." Also, in the properties it says that "This device cannot start. (Code 10) This has persisted despite uninstalling/reinstalling the device through hardware manager/add new hardware as well as updating the drivers via the dell website. Any ideas? thanks

PS ive made sure the mPCI card is on (and all other relavant BIOS options), and have tried to turn the card on via Fn+F2 to no avail.

28K Posts

June 26th, 2005 03:00

Since this is a new system, you would best be served by calling Dell Tech Support.  They are the only ones that can authorize a replacement or repair.

Steve

7.9K Posts

June 26th, 2005 03:00

Let's keep this on the general hardware message ... as most of the replies are there:

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_general&message.id=192861

Message Edited by NemesisDB on 06-26-2005 12:19 AM

9 Posts

July 11th, 2006 19:00

I'm getting the same thing on my new XPS 1710 laptop.  I'm not sure what causes it but it's happened 3 times in the last 2 days.  My only solution is to restore to a previous point in time.  Mind you, my restore points show no software updates have been done so I don't understand why restoring fixes the problem.  Any ideas Mr. Dell?

9 Posts

October 12th, 2006 23:00

I got a dell XPS with the same problem.  Downloading the latest drivers doesn't fix it.  Dell support was no use.  Your best bet is to uninstall Intel's software and let windows handle it.  Mine's been trouble-free ever since

1 Message

December 5th, 2006 12:00

I have rescently had this problem, the only way I got round it was by going into the BIOS & restoring factory defaults, my laptop was a Dell Lattitude D620 with an Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Adapter.

The inital problem was that I wanted to use Intel Pro to handle the Wifi Signal as it is much better than Windows. When I right clicked on the Intel Pro systray icon, it only gave me the option to hide the icon. When I went into Device Manager & right clicked on the NIC adapter it came up with the error "Adapter State not found in registry".

This laptop does not have the Fn F2 option to enable & disable the radio for wifi, instead i checked the BIOS to make sure that everything was enabled, then reset the BIOS to Factory default, logged back on again & re-installed Intel Pro (when I tried before the factory reset, it would blue screen when re-installing Intel Pro). The systray icon then immediately allowed me to enable the radio & control the wifi by Intel Pro.

Hope this works for other people like it did for me.

1 Message

March 23rd, 2007 23:00

If anyone still needs help with this issue I can be of assistance. The simple answer is that Dell Bios engineers are lazy and did not list all of the Intel PCI IDs in the current versions of the Bios. The easiest way to fix this is to change the eeprom on your wireless card to match the "whitelist" in the bios. I had the EXACT same problem as the original poster (different laptop model) and now I am posting this message from the effected card :)

Please read my post here http://www.notebookforums.com/thread193208.html for more info. Specificically look at the 5th post from me (if I remember right)
No Events found!