jeffcdo
1 Nickel

Re: Intel Pro/Wireless 2100 mini PCI card with Linksys BEFW11s4 router

Heads up!  There is new firmware for the BEFW11s4 router as of Aug 1.  Among the listed issues is "Fixed connection issues with certain wireless clients in power save mode"  As some here have reported reverting to an earlier version of the router has helped them, perhaps this might be of some use.

Cheers,

Jeff CDO

0 Kudos
CG006
1 Nickel

DO you have a link u can post here? I went to the Linksys website and all i see is the Feb. 28,2003 update  1.45.

I have the Version 2 of the router. I checked the version 3 and 4 pages and i still dont see that august update you speak about. PLease!! Where is it!!lol............ I really hope it improves my intel wifi connection and Wet11 connection as well

0 Kudos
jeffcdo
1 Nickel

My router is version 4, so I just followed the links to:

http://www.linksys.com/download/firmware.asp?fwid=182 

So far so good..I've been running my laptop all day and no drops so far.  I'm very hopeful that this upgrage might have solved my problem.

0 Kudos
JLundy
1 Copper

Win2k Pro SP4 on a Dell D400 with the Intel 2100 Wireless.  BEFW11S4 v2 with 1.45 firmware.  Drivers are the ones provided in Dell's R64838.exe package.

I have not been able to associate this laptop to the router at all.  The Linksys BEFW11S4 works fine with 5 other cards spanning 3 different chipsets.  The 2100 in the Dell also ad-hocs with several other cards.  At this point, I will try an uninstall/reinstall of the Dell driver/Intel ProSet software.

I have never seen this many problems with a piece of wireless networking gear.  I have spent days reading posts in forums all over the web.

The Dell and Linksys representatives have all denied any problems.

0 Kudos