Highlighted
piper965
1 Copper

Intel(r) Wireless Management Service error message

My wife's Dell 630 lost the internet connection while she was working.   I think she accidentally turned the wireless switch off.  I turned it back on but when you turn on the laptop you get the following message  Intel(r) Wireless Management Service has encountered a problem and needs to close.. In order to report this problem, you must connect to the internet.  Please start your connection before continuing.  but you cannot connect to the internet.

It shows that you are connected to the internet and that the strength is good.  When you go to the browser you cannot connect to any sites.  It says that the page is not available, etc.

I know the router is working as I am typing this from my laptop.  I tried doing a repair but it failed.  Any suggestions as to how to fix this?  No programs have been added to the laptop.  She only has icons for Internet Explorer, Google and FireFox, Adobe.  She uses the laptop only to play facebook farmville games.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DELL-Priyanka_S
3 Cadmium

Re: Intel(r) Wireless Management Service error message

Hi,

I would recommend you to follow the steps below:

1. Ensure that the distance from the router is not more than 30 feet. If it is so then there is some interference issue. Please move computer closer to wireless router.
2. Try to connect to any other available network in range.
3. Check if wireless is working in Safe mode with networking. To boot the computer in Safe mode with networking, please switch on the computer and start tapping the F8 key which would take you to Advanced Boot Option screen. Using the up and down arrow key, select Safe Mode with networking to boot the computer into Safe mode with networking.
4. If the issue persists run the MS Fixit using wired connection. Use the link : http://bit.ly/HPsyBy

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
piper965
1 Copper

Thanks,

I disabled the wireless connection, rebooted the router and then re-set up the wireless network and all was back to normal..

0 Kudos
DELL-Priyanka_S
3 Cadmium

Hi,

Great to know that everything is working fine.

Let me know if you have further questions. I will be glad to assist you.:emotion-1:

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos