bigyetti83
1 Copper

Re: Intel wireless 5100 will not connect to N

I had luck with the 5100 on an HP laptop and the wrt310n linksys router by chaning the following settings... in the hardware properties of your wireless card change the 2.4ghz to auto then change this on the router:

WPA2 Security

AES encryption

as seen above the intel cards have a problem with TKIP encryption so after I changed it to AES I now have a connection at 135mbps.

hope this helps although a little late....

0 Kudos
yyylyliu
1 Copper

I have the same problem.  I have tried everything suggested above but it still didn't improve the connection speed. The driver is up to date according to Dell's system diagnosis.  Please help!  I have the following hardware:

INtel wireless 5100 AGN card

Studio 1745

Dlink DIR-655 router.

I plugged in my Mac and it's connecting at wireless N (~144MBps)  but the Dell is only connecting at wireless G (54Mbps).

0 Kudos
misterco
1 Copper

after spending all day trying just about every setting manually on my wrt160nv2 i gave up , i managed to get 65-135mbps with a very good/excellent  signal.

so i set my wireless settings to manual / network mode mixed. radio band auto wide channel auto standard channel auto ssid broadcast. now its getting 130-150mbps

be warned i found that when the signal drops to good it means nothing the speed tapers off dramatically to around 6-15mbps worse than the old 1394g card

0 Kudos