Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

August 21st, 2006 23:00

Internet Disconnects When I Download Anything

When i try to download something.....ANYTHING.... if its a lil aim program or a movie or something my internet disconnects shortly after i click run or save. I havent been able to download anything from the internet for awhile... does anyone have any idea what might be wrong.... PLEASE HELP!

28K Posts

August 22nd, 2006 02:00

What kind of network connection do you have (cable/dsl/dialup)?  Which version of Windows are you running?   Are you running antivirus software with up to date virus definitions?  Have you checked your system for spyware (with more than one antispyware program) and removed all this is found?  What other security software are you running?

Steve

12K Posts

August 23rd, 2006 04:00

This sounds like packet flooding thru one of the devices on the connection side (router, modem).  What type of connection do yo have?

5 Posts

August 30th, 2006 07:00

I'm having the same problem too. I was wondering if anyone figured out how to fix this yet. I just got a new Inspiron E1405 running Windows XP. I just pulled it right out of the delivery box a few hours ago and I'm having trouble downloading anything. It pauses a few seconds after the download starts so I have to use a download manager like Get Right. Even then, it is very hard to download even 12 MB. It disconnected every other minute!

My family has a number of laptops accessing the internet through a router but none of them have had this problem. Please help?

12K Posts

August 30th, 2006 12:00

Are the drivers for the NIC card up to date?  I know it just came out of the box but there is no way to tell how old that image is.
No Events found!