Highlighted
Gold69vette
1 Copper

Re: Internet Dropoff

My new dell does the same thing except I have to constantly restart the laptop to be able to reconnect to the internet.  Sometimes it only lasts a few minutes before it drops the strong internet signal for no reason.

0 Kudos
moxy5760
1 Nickel

Hi Amogh, I tried creating a new user account yesterday and the problem still exists and I've allready tried disabling the firewall with the same result. I even tried a complete reformat yesterday and went back to factory default and still the problem exists. I've done the diagnostic on the network adapter and everything is in working order.

0 Kudos

Hi Gold69vette,

Please share the system model and the operating system. Please paste a screenshot of ‘Device Manager’ with ‘Network Adapters’ expended.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos

Hi moxy5760,

You may try to disable the Bluetooth and check if that makes any difference in the internet speed. You may go to ‘Control Panel’-> ‘Windows Mobility Center’ and turn off the Bluetooth.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you. 

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos