DerrellR
1 Copper

Internet Speed lousy on new Dell Inspiron Duo, Unless.

On my new Inspiron Duo, love it by the way, the default wirless internet connection is very slow internet speed, like 3-4 Mbps download and maybe 1 Mbps upload. If I place the Duo in my port, so that I can utilize the wired rj45 adapter, I get similar results. I have a very high speed cable capability through Comcast. For instance, on my Dell Desktop, I will average 60 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. I found that I could use exactly the same ethernet cable that is giving me 3-4 Mbps, and plug it in to a separately purchased USB 2.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, and I then get my normal 60 plus Mbps download, 10Mbps upload speeds. What gives with the built in wireless and ethernet adapters? I am at my wits end troubleshooting; and I would sure rather get much higher speeds with wirelss. Other than that, I will carry my USB adapter to correct for whatever is going on.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tigra 07
1 Copper

Re: Internet Speed lousy on new Dell Inspiron Duo, Unless.

Dell aren't interested, look on google, there's tonnes of people with the same problem and my internet is so poor that it's unusable most of the time even though i have a brand new router and modem from sky.

0 Kudos