Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2011 13:00

Internet challenge

A challenge to the Dell brainiacs....please do what Dell staffers either can't or won't....here's the sitch....came home from winter break and the 'puter was back to a blue DOS screen that indicated it had died.  I reinstalled all the original disks and was able to also download and install Micorsoft Office suite.  What I can't do is access the Internet at work from the wireless network or at home wirelessly ( via netgear).  I think that I need to install a driver via a flashdrive but I don't know which one and can't find it on the Dell website.  As soon as I find one that looks just right, the Dell website says not available at this time.  My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501, 64 bit, XP.  Please e me a solution.  <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>   Thanks ever so!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 19th, 2011 15:00

brillkt,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

No Events found!