Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 18th, 2013 18:00

Internet + ethernet cord = success! internete + wireless DOES NOT WORK! Please help me.

Hello. I recently wanted to reformat my computer simply to just start off on a clean slate. After isntalling Windows 7, I am pretty sure I did all my drivers, but then I can't seem to be wireless for the internet. I think my computer can't detect my broadband adapater..err...whatever. I've gone and downloaded every driver for my laptop but so far nothing has worked. The only way that I can connect to the internet right now is with an ethernet cord. What else can I do to try and fix my issue here? Thank you!!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

April 19th, 2013 03:00

Hi AlexG Inglewood,

Please click the link below, follow the Installation instructions to install the drivers for wireless card: http://dell.to/Yz4j2c

After installing the drivers, restart the system and use the key combination Fn+F2 button on the keyboard to activate the wireless network switch.

Check if the wireless network is detected by the system and try to connect to the available wireless network and check.

Please post the results.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

April 18th, 2013 20:00

Hi AlexG Inglewood,

Please try using the key combination Fn+F2 button on the laptop to activate the wireless network switch.

If you are not able to activate the wireless switch by the key combination Fn+ F2 the please provide me the system model, to help you in providing the steps to activate the wireless switch.

Please check in safe mode with networking if you are able to go online.

To check in safe mode with networking follow the below steps:

1. Restart the computer.
  2. Keep tapping F8 on the Dell Logo Screen.
  3. Once the computer enters Advanced Boot Option, select Safe Mode with Networking.
  4. Press Enter.

Check if the computer is able to go online wirelessly in safe mode with networking.

If you are able to go online using the wireless network in safe mode with networking reboot the computer normally and run MS fixit. Use the below link

Link: http://bit.ly/HPsyBy

Click the link above and select Run now.

If you are unable to go online in Safe mode with networking, try Power cycling the modem by removing the Ethernet cable from the modem. Reconnect the Ethernet cable and check the internet connection.

Check in Device Manager if Wireless card is detected under Network Adapters.

Procedure to navigate to device manager:

1. Click “start”.
  2. Type “Device Manager” in the search box.
  3. Select “Device Manager “in the list.
  4. Double click the “Network Adapters”.

Please post the results.

April 18th, 2013 22:00

It is as though my computer isn't even recognizing my wireless card.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

April 19th, 2013 00:00

Hi AlexG Inglewood,

As per the image, WLAN card drivers are not installed, please post the system model, I would check for the right drivers for WLAN card and provide it.

Awaiting your response!

April 19th, 2013 03:00

Alright. The system model is a "studio 1558" with windows 7 home premium. Not sure if you need any other info.

April 19th, 2013 08:00

You are awesome. That has fixed exactly what I needed. I am sure there are other things I have missed but I think I am back to a point where I could say its like new. Thanks alot! You saved me alot of trouble and frustration.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

April 20th, 2013 03:00

Hi AlexG Inglewood,

Glad we could help by fixing your issue. In case of a similar situation in future, you can always refer to the link http://dell.to/YegVvF .

Feel free to reach out to us on SDC for any help.

No Events found!