Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2008 01:00

Internet 'jump'

Just recently my internet won't go where I want - it says redirecting or jump and goes where it wants - then I go back to the search and try the link again it it goes where it should.  Please help - am going crazy - have tons of anti-spy stuff - nothing - oh using xp w/ auto updates. 

Thanks so much

Lake Joy

3.4K Posts

December 6th, 2008 09:00

... Please help - am going crazy - have tons of anti-spy stuff - nothing ...

Hello,

That 'tons of anti-spy stuff' could very well be the cause of your problems.

You should only be running one quality anti-spy stuff, and one quality antivirus program. Just what all you have installed for antivirus and anti-spy stuff?

3 Posts

December 8th, 2008 17:00

Spy-wear installed - Tren d micro PC-illin & spywear Dr. Tried to install a 'free' virus search from McAfee (sp) and it wouldn't download - Help help help!!  Lake Joy

3.4K Posts

December 8th, 2008 19:00

Hello again,

If I may suggest ...

Keep Trend micro PC-cillin. Uninstall Spyware Dr, Never think about installing anything from Mc Afee. Do not install or try any other anti-spy or anti malware.

What antivirus are you running?

3 Posts

December 8th, 2008 22:00

Thanks for the reply...

Uninstalled Spyware Dr. - thought that McAfee was really good stuff - thanks for the tip.

Antivirus - ummm, that was what I thought Trend micro PC-cillin 12 was doing - is there something else we need?

Thanks so much,

Lake Joy

December 8th, 2008 23:00

Guys the top of the leader board antivirus and antispyeware out there these days is ESET NOD32 ....try it i promise you you wont look back ....if u want extra prtection  for spyware use xilisoft anti spyware ....they both work like a bomb  and never had any issues ...ive been using them for 2 years now already without any issues ......

3.4K Posts

December 9th, 2008 01:00

Hello again,

You will want to read through this page.

Did your problem start before or after trying to insatll McAfee?

No Events found!