Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 30th, 2012 15:00

Is DELL 1510 N WLAN Mini card compatible with W8?

I installed W8 on my Dell Studio 1735 computer. Wireless Internet access is very very slow. I have not this problem with W7 on the same computer. I tried it with an external Network cable. Very fast, 50mbps. I also tried it with an external USB Belkin wifi adaptor. It works fine. Computer has a Dell Wireless 1500 N WLAN Mini Card. Driver version:5.100.245.20 Date 2012-03-13. I cannot find any better driver.

I have one more problem that I don't have with W7.  I cannot rate the computer. The Windows experience index cannot go past the test of Direct3D 10 Texture Load Assesment.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

24 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 18:00

I seemed to have found a solution to my issue.  
I was able to find a Win 7 driver that solves my Windows 8 driver issue with very slow and intermittent/dropped
wifi connections for the Dell 1510 N WLAN (Broadcom 4322) wifi adapter.

The driver I found is: Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37
I found it here: 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

The the auto installer will not run without error. However, it will allow you to extract the files from the driver
package to a directory of your choice.  Then you can point Windows 8 driver change/update utility 
('Have Disk') to that directory - 'Drivers/Win7/WL' and select the bcmwl6.inf to install a driver 
(Broadcom v.5.100.235.12)

I hope this helps others.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 30th, 2012 20:00

Hi berlion,

Officially there is no Windows 8 driver for Dell Wireless WLAN 1510.Please update the Dell Wireless WLAN 1510 Windows 7 driver from the link given below on Windows 8 operating system and check for issue resolution.

http://dell.to/T3uSKR

Also, if the windows 7 driver update does not resolve the issue then update the driver from the device manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to update the Dell Wireless WLAN 1510 card.

1.     Open ‘Device Manager’ by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’.
2.     When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for ‘Network adapter’.
3.     Please click on the arrow mark beside ‘Network adapter’.
4.     You will find the wireless network card available on your computer.
5.    Right click on Wireless card and select ‘Update driver software’.
6.    It should update the correct driver for the Wireless card.

Please let me know if this helps

8 Posts

October 31st, 2012 07:00

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your answer.

The driver from the link you gave me doesn't install. Setup gives the following error: "Setup.rul 342 has occurred. Setup cannot continue". I uninstalled the existing driver from the Device Manager before I tried to install it.

I tried one more driver from the support site with the same result. The only driver which is working is the one Device  Manager finds and installs. This driver is the one I mentioned on my message above. It works, but at 0.3Mbs. on a 50Mbs. connection. The Belkin USB WIFI adapter (a cheap one) communicates at 20Mbs. and a direct connection with a cable gives 50Mbs.

Regards.

B.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 1st, 2012 03:00

Hi berlion,

I’d suggest that you to change the Advanced card properties of the wireless card. Please follow the steps mentioned below.

1.     Open ‘Device Manager’ by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’.
2.     When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for ‘Network adapter’.
3.     Please click on the arrow mark beside ‘Network adapter’.
4.     You will find the wireless network card available on your computer.
5.    Right click on Wireless card and select ‘Properties’.
6.    Next click on ‘Advanced tab’.
7.   Change Roaming Aggressiveness to maximum.
8.   Change the wireless channels in the ‘advanced card properties’ to 11 or 6 and Disable Bluetooth Collaboration.

Please let me know if this helps.

8 Posts

November 1st, 2012 18:00

Hi Ravi,

Thanks.

In the Device Manager, if I right click on the Dell Wireless 1510 WLAN Mini-Card and go to Properties/Advanced tab, I don't have a Roaming Aggressiveness option. I have the following options:

20/40 Coexistence = Auto

40MHz Intolerant = Disabled

802.11n Preamble = Green Field Mode

Bandwidth Capability = 11a:20/40:11bg:20MHz (Other options here are 11a/b/g:20/40MHz and 11a/b/g:20MHz)

Fragmentation Threshold = 2346

IBSS 54g(tm) Protection mode = Auto

IBBS Mode = 802.11a/b Only (I changed it to 802.11a/b/g/n Auto but it did not change anything)

Locally Administered MAC address = (Not present)

No Description = 11

Priority&VLAN = Disabled

Rate (802.11a) =  Best Rate

Rate (802.11b/g) = Best Rate

RTS Threshold = 2347

Short GI = Auto

Wake-Up Mode = Magic Wake-Up Frame

Any suggestion?

Berlion.

2 Posts

November 1st, 2012 20:00

Hi Ravi.

I am having similar problem after upgrading to W8 from W7. I have an Inspiron 1464 with Dell 1397 half mini card. It worked well with W7 and gives limited or no connectivity in W8. The default driver installed with W8 is 5.100.245.20. I tried to install the W7 driver from dell website but it gives the same error as Berlion's ("setup.rul 342").

I posted the same problem in another thread but was simply told that Dell doesn't have the correct driver yet and to wait.

I hope we can find some way around it.

Thanks for your help.

Gaurav

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 2nd, 2012 04:00

Hi berlion,

Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if it resolves your issue.

1. Reboot the Computer.
  2. Turn off all power to the router and modem, wait 10 secs. Turn on the power to the modem first. wait 10 secs. Turn on the power to the router, wait 10 secs. See if you can connect to the router and Internet. Do not reset the modem or the router. This can cause unforeseen problems.
  3. Run a Repair on the wireless network connection by right-clicking the wireless network icon in Network Connections.
  4. Place the wireless computer and wireless router near each other.
  5. Enable wireless using the hardware switch or .
  6. Enable the wireless network adapter in Device Manager.
  7. Delete any previous wireless connections for the network and re-create a connection to the network.
  8. Uninstall the wireless card in Device Manager and then re-install it. Use the latest driver if possible.

Please let me know if this helps.

24 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 10:00

@Berlion,

I have a Dell Studio One with the Dell Wireless 1510 N WLAN Mini Card.  I just upgraded to Windows 8 and am having similar problems with very slow and dropped connections.  It seems to be constantly negotiating which is causing severe issues with wireless speed.  

I have both 802.11n 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz access points, and it has problems with both connections.  This was working great with Windows 7 (usually connected to 5Ghz band) - very stable.

My Driver version is also: 5.100.245.20.  I suspect Microsoft built their driver off of an old base version, as the Windows 7 driver was rock solid with outstanding speed and reliability.

If anyone finds a solution, please post a response here.

8 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 12:00

Hi Ravi,

I did all what you have suggested. Nothing changed. I have always the same slow connection.

I have Windows 7 Ult. installed on an other partition of the same computer. It never gave me any problem.

I Installed W8 clean, on a separate partition I created. Everything else is fine except this and that I cannot complete the Windows experience index.

I also installed W8 on a Dell Precision, a HP 5750 and an Acer AOD255 netbook. I had zero problem with these.

Regards,

Berlion.

8 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 13:00

I run the Microsoft Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant again. As shown below The 1510 Wireless Mini-Card is said compatible.

Compatible

AuthenTec Inc. AES2810

AuthenTec

Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor

Belkin International, Inc.

Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet

Broadcom

Brother Laser Type1 Class Driver

Brother

Dell Touchpad

Alps Electric

Dell Wireless 1510 Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card

Broadcom

HID-compliant mouse

Microsoft

High Definition Audio Device

Microsoft

Integrated Webcam

Creative Technology Ltd.

Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4

Microsoft

Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

Intel Corporation

1 Message

November 3rd, 2012 09:00

stevekesler, thank you, it's work on my N5010.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 3rd, 2012 10:00

Install the directx June 2010 patch.

8 Posts

November 3rd, 2012 18:00

Thanks. This driver made miracles. Download speed went from 0.3 to 51.25Mbs. Upload to 39.43.

1 Message

November 7th, 2012 12:00

problem fiixed for me as well, thanks dude!

8 Posts

November 8th, 2012 16:00

Hi stevekesler,

Did you try to run a Windows Experience Index under Windows 8? If yes does value seems normal?  On my system everything seem to work fine but I cannot run the assessment at all. I doubt the driver for the Intel 965 Display Adapter is the culprit.

No Events found!