Reddy139
1 Copper

Re: Is DELL 1510 N WLAN Mini card compatible with W8?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanx a ton for the steps that went smooth, but i have a doubt,

I just updated the Broadcom 802.11n network adapter, with the Dell DW1501, will that have any issues???

0 Kudos
AMRDYS
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@AKanee:

You have to update the driver called "Broadcom 802.11n network adapter" as Reddy139 did.

just go on with the previous steps from step #4

@Reddy139:

If your driver name is: "DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card" under Network Adapters, then you should have the problem fixed just like what I did. and I haven't faced any issues since I installed this driver on my N5010.

Thanks goes to "stevekesler" without him I would still be searching for a fix till now 🙂

0 Kudos
Reddy139
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@AMRDYS: Once again thanx....for that clarification...

0 Kudos
stevekesler
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

@AMRDYS

Thanks for providing the step by step instructions.

0 Kudos
stevekesler
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

If you install Windows 8.1 Preview, you will have to go through this driver (Broadcom v.5.100.235.12) install again, as Microsoft installs their unstable driver (v5.100.245.20) with this update.

Dell Wireless 1510 N WLAN MiniCard (Broadcom 4322 chip) 

0 Kudos
pbhs92
1 Copper

RE: Is DELL 1510 N WLAN Mini card compatible with W8?

Jump to solution

thank you so much
It works perfectly 

0 Kudos
MidnightRaver
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I was beginning to suspect a nearby nuclear meltdown...this finally helped on a Dell Studio 1537, PP33L. Thanks!

0 Kudos
saub4567
1 Copper

Jump to solution

finally i got a solution...its very simple..go to the extracted folder where the driver setup is extracted...

Local cdrive /driver /dell/R258276.,,just right click on the setup n change its compatibility mode to windows 7 and tick run as administrator..n there u go..no more setrul error..it will install without any error... 🙂

0 Kudos
pnw40
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have an E6400 and with the same NIC, and I encountered the exact same thing as you did, only I was going from Win 7 to Windows 10.  Your solution worked for me.  Thanks, I've been fight with this since I downloaded the Win 10 preview last month and I'm so thankful to be working again!

0 Kudos
durrell
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks Steevekesler for the fix - just to add that your solution worked for me on windows 8.1 and now also on windows 10. Cheers!

0 Kudos