Highlighted
ladyblue777
Silver

Java is messed up.

Something messed up my java. I went to play on Pogo & it said I needed to install Java. When I ran the test they had to check Java it said it was installed & working. However, I can't even access it through my control panel. When I click on it there is a message saying THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE REGISTRY KEY SPECIFIED: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\JavaRuntime Environment\1.6.0.11. I don't know how to uninstall Java & reinstall it or even if that's the problem because when I look at my programs it appears Java is installed. Can someone help me?

ladyblue777

0 Kudos
24 Replies

Re: Java is messed up.

ladyblue777,

Go to control panel, add/remove programs(programs and features and remove all versions of Java you have. Restart your computer.

Get the latest Java here.

What browser are you using? Any add-ons? If using Mozilla Firefox and NoScript, you have to tell it to allow, pogo.com

Pogo uses Flash Player, test your flash player here.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
ladyblue777
Silver

Hi... I was following your insturctions and it was going along great until I got to Java 6 update 12. Then a message came up that said ...The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click ok to try again, or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package 'jre 1.6.0_12-c.msi' in the box below. The source that was already in the box said USC Source C:\Documents & Settings\Primary User\Application. I removed all the other Java stuff & restarted my computer but can't get this one off. I'm using Internet Explorer browser. I recently had the add-ons updated by the Comcast technician when he was here after my modem died. I didn't try to install the new Java version yet that  you sent the link for or check the Flashplayer yet. I was still trying to remove it all. Thanks so much for your help, it's very much appreciated and for the quick response. What do I do now?

ladyblue777

0 Kudos
ladyblue777
Silver

Oh I forgot, I tried again and this is the message I got. The path 'C:\Document and Settings\Primary User\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre 1.6.0_12\jre 1.6.0_12-c.mis'cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package."jre1.6.0_12-c.msi in a folder from which you can install the product Java(TM)6 upddate 12. I thought of searching for it????

0 Kudos

Ladyblue777,

Try reading these Java error messages. There should be something there that matches your problem.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
ladyblue777
Silver

Rick,

I read the Java error messages prior to sending this information. It has nothing to do with my printer. All I need to know is how to remove jre 1.6.0_12-C. mis  when it won't uninstall in the control panel (add/remove) programs. Once I can remove it, I can then re-install Java and my flash player appears to be working fine. Thanks for your help.

ladyblue777

0 Kudos
ladyblue777
Silver

I forgot here is the info on my operating system, sorry.

System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3

Dell Dimension DVO51....Intel (R)....Pentium (R) 4CPU...2.80GHz...279 GHz,.099 GB of RAM

Physical Address Extension

Ladyblue777

0 Kudos

Ladyblue777,

Looks rather easy to remove.

How do I uninstall Java on my Windows computer?

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
ladyblue777
Silver

It may look rather easy to remove but it didn't work! I installed the Windows Cleanup & removed it and it doesn't appear in my programs now BUT I still get the same error when I click on Java in my control panel. The problem isn't fixed and I still can't access Java or reinstall it until I can get rid of that error? Thanks.

Sher

0 Kudos

Sher,

In order to help correct the problem, we need the exact error message. What operating system do you have? If Vista, 32-bit or 64-bit? (start, control panel, system and it will state there what you have.)

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos