Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2016 20:00

Known issue with dell laptops losing internet connection

Dell sell their products with known problems.

My one year and five days Inspiron laptop keeps on losing the internet connection. I have to restart the computer each time. I primarily use this computer for my homework and tests. Imagine how many times I got in trouble because I lost the internet connection while taking a quiz or a test online.

The problem started barely a month or two after I bought it. I sent them an email at the time and never got a reply. Recently, I replied to one of the countless emails they sent me about extending the warranty to explain the issue. I got an answer saying "call tech support. This email is about your warranty". They are only concerned about collecting money but there is no customer service

I called tech support. First of all, the first lady just answered and was chatting with her coworker for about 2 minutes until she acknowledged me. I explained the problem and she transferred me because my warranty expired. They knew already what it was and how to fix it. The second tech even clearly told me that he had this problem with multiple customers today and they fixed the issue the same way. But since my warranty expired 5 days ago, I had to pay $100 for a one-time service or $200 for one-year.

I talked to a supervisor and even to corporate office. None of them could even decline it's a known problem. I mention 20 times the countless reviews on Google about the same issue and what the tech even told me. All they kept saying is "if your warranty expired, it expired. Whether it's 2 seconds or 5 days you will have to pay for the service".

Never will I buy a Dell product again

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

September 28th, 2016 08:00

Hi ibrahimd1993,

Sorry to hear about the issues with the wireless connection. Can you please post what system model and wireless card your system is using?

Also if possible, please send me your Service Tag in a Direct Message (do not post it in this thread), I would like to look into this further.

Best regards,

Brad 

No Events found!