Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

DC

August 29th, 2015 22:00

Laptop freezes while online

Hi. I'm on an Inspiron 1525 with Chrome. Lately something's been happening, always while I'm online. It randomly freezes, some times right away and some times after hours. I don't think it's a temperature problem, the cooling paste is new and the fan is working fine. Besides, it only happens when I'm online. I tried using IE and Mozilla, and it's the same. It didn't happen before, and I haven't changed anything or installed anything. There are no games on this laptop and I don't even use youtube. This started after one particular Avast update, but I tried uninstalling and installing a new one (always free) and it keeps happening. It might have nothing to do with it, I don't know.

there seems to be no connection problems, and like I said, nothing has changed that explains this behaviour.

I really don't know where to start looking :(

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

August 30th, 2015 09:00

Update your Adobe Flash player. Most websites have tons of Flash videos.

I use CCleaner to clean out the crud.

August 30th, 2015 18:00

I'll try updating Flash, it sounds reasonable. But I've had bad experiences with CC, I'll leave that for some other time if I need it. Thank you :emotion-5:

August 31st, 2015 16:00

Just wanted to say I'm dedicating a couple of days to see if it helped, I promise to come back and close this ;)  So far it hasn't given any problems, but there were calm days before... I'll be back.

August 31st, 2015 22:00

Sorry to report it froze again. I don't know what's wrong with her. We girls are just crazy.

No Events found!