Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2015 05:00

Laptop is disconecting from wifii

Hello again, I am problem with dell laptop inspiron 3543 i5 5200U gt820 windows 8.1 and 8 GB ram. Sometimes every 5-10 minuts keep disconnecting me from wifii for about 1 minute, then connectn back again. I ve checked on other laptop , there is no issue with router. 

I have Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n (2,4 GHz) , please help, this is brand new laptop.

• 

16.7K Posts

September 22nd, 2015 06:00

Blitzer10,

You can click the link below to follow the instructions to hopefully resolve your wifi issues.

Wi-Fi Frequently Disconnects in Windows 8, 8.1 [Fix]

1 Message

September 23rd, 2015 06:00

Purchased a new Inspiron 15 5558.  Had about two weeks.  The wireless continues to turn off.  Sometimes I can "reconnect", but sometimes I have to reboot.  Seems to be worse when I am working in Google browser instead of the Edge browser.  Computer came with Windows 10.  Read lots of issues with Windows 10 and this, but according to this post, this was also a Windows 8 issues.

I have turned off Blue tooth.  Did not help;.  I have just now turned off the "allow this computer to turn off wireless" under the wireless properties as per above.  Hopefully this will resolve the issues.

BUT, I like this feature.  Not excited about having a brand new computer where I can't use Blue Tooth and I can't save battery by turning off my wireless when not in use, AND it restarts when needed.  Hopefully Dell and/or Microsoft will fix this.

2 Posts

September 23rd, 2015 11:00

I have the same issue with the same laptop (Inspiron 15 5558, windows 10). I bought it a week ago. The store's technical service reinstall the system and I still have the same issue only with better time now (1 hour aprox.). I enter the IP and DNS manually as I found in some place else and nothing works.

I hope someone have a solution in this forums or I will return it in a couple of days. Sad 'coz I like the design.

1 Message

December 31st, 2015 09:00

Same issue.

No Events found!