Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2013 15:00

Laptop wont connect wifi at home

Hi , I have searched and tried everything , I am new to comp world do have some knowledge . The other night I deleted my browsing history cookies etc then turned comp off. Next morning i turned it on and wouldnt connect .

I finally got it to connect no idea how but turned it off again and now cant connect . I have Windows vista , Dell 1737 2 other laptops connected by wifi and 2 XBOXs hardwired to router so I know it works .

I get that the computer is to far error or message which cant be it worked fine for MONTHS and Now I am right next to router hardwired to it ! The only thing I really did was change the Computers name ( Where you sign in the very beginning when you turn comp on ) Other then that I havent done anything to it .

Please need help Im tired of messing with this thing 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 26th, 2013 15:00

Richdaddy,

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Make and modcel of your wireless router and the type of security you're using? What channel?

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER and post the information back here.

Rick

3 Posts

January 26th, 2013 16:00

Once I het to save as I get lost sorry ???? Where do I save it as?

3 Posts

January 26th, 2013 16:00

AVAST But I have it disabled , The first time I got it to RE hook back up that worked by disabling the AVAST but hasnt since.. XFINITY Router Says TG862

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 27th, 2013 09:00

Richdaddy,

The file can be found at...

C:\

Open systinfo

Copy and paste the information back here. PLEASE REMOVE THE REGISTERED OWNER AND PRODUCT ID

Thanks,

Rick

No Events found!