Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2014 20:00

Latitude C610 not accepting DW 1370 driver

I have a dinosaur Latitude C610 that I bought solely for the DB9 serial port so I can interface with the ECM in my car to control and monitor the engine's performance.  The laptop itself is working fine.  However, I added a Dell Wireless 1370 card to it so I don't have to spend the extra time and hassle to copy the tune and log files to a USB drive to put on this computer to put on internet forums.

The C610 is a Pentium IIIM 1.0 GHz, 512MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, running Windows XP.  It recognizes the card and gets the standard "Add Newly Detected Hardware" prompt at startup, which I close to try to use the Dell driver packages R102320 and R115321.

The problem I am having with both driver packages is...

After the program copies the base files to the hard drive directories, the program begins to run InstallShield.  Both driver packages give the same error message, saying something like:

"Cannot find specified hardware for this driver.  Setup will now terminate.  Press OK to close."

Except that if I open the RAM/mPCI card door, it's sitting right there in the slot.  DW 1370, P/N Y8029.

Is there ANY driver I can use for this card in this laptop?

13 Posts

March 12th, 2014 21:00

Never mind.  Looked through the BIOS settings and discovered I had the card disabled.  After turning it on, I let the Windows installer search for the driver in one of the Dell driver folders and now it's working fine.

No Events found!