Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2010 01:00

Latitude E6400 - Intel Wifi 5300 AGN

Hello,

I have 4 latitude e6400 laptops with the same issue: the wireless card detects wifi networks but does not connect to them.

I've tried all sercurity levels (no protection, wep, wpa, wpa2). I have also applied the lateset versions of both bios and wifi nic drivers  from the Dell Support Website without result.

Anyone has the same issues?

thanks a lot

626 Posts

January 20th, 2010 14:00

We would need more information from you to help you.  Does your wireless access point restrict access based upon MAC addresses?  Is your wireless access point operating in a mode that is compatible with the wireless adapters in your Latitude E6400 laptops (802.11b/g/n)?  Is an error message given when the laptops fail to connect to the wireless networks?  If so, what is that error message?

398 Posts

January 20th, 2010 15:00

I ran into this same problem--the card/computer would see a strong wifi signal but would not connect.

I found my E6400 would connect in areas that were free from too much interference. Once connected and a profile set in DCP, I could run the profile with even low signal strength areas.

626 Posts

January 20th, 2010 15:00

I found my E6400 would connect in areas that were free from too much interference.

That's a good point.  When you're getting too much interference, it's good to change the channel that your wireless access point is using.  Take a look at the tips on the following web page, and pay attention to TIP #6.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/setup/wirelesstips.aspx

13 Posts

January 20th, 2010 22:00

What's the model of your router? Have you tried changing the SSID and Channel of the router?

If not, you may try it as well.

If its possible also you may try to reset the router settings and reconfigured it again.

NOTE: Please be reminded that when resetting the router is will lose the router settings, take note of the router settings before resetting the router.

Additional info: In case your router is along side with a 2.4 GHz cordless phone, you may move it away from the router. Becuase ti can cause interference on the devices as well

Hope this  would help.

If you have time you may check out this site and see other articles that may help you with your concerns in the future. click here.

Thanks

doctorscott

No Events found!