Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 29th, 2015 22:00

Latitude E6510 cant connect to internet

I have a Latitude E6510, Windows 7, 64 bit. Wifi connection was fine yesterday, now can't connect. Router ok, other computers on it do fine. System restore no help. Switch is on. I uninstalled and reinstalled driver software, disabled and enabled network adapter.  Device manager says everything enabled and working fine. Diagnostic tool: hardware test failed "driver version does not support Intel PROset/ wireless."  No virus or malware detected. What can it be?

6 Posts

September 5th, 2015 23:00

sorry for the late reply, your message was in my spam folder. The last suggestion was a good one and now everything works fine. Thank you very much.

tom

1.8K Posts

August 31st, 2015 13:00

Hi,

I would recommend deleting your wireless profiles, rebooting your system, and allowing the E6510 to create a new wireless connection to the router.

Try that and see if it works.

Todd

6 Posts

August 31st, 2015 20:00

Thanks Todd, but I cant do it, because in "Network and sharing center" there is no task "Manage wireless networks", only "change  adapter settings" and "change advanced adapter settings". It also says, on that page, "you are currently not connected to any network" and :local area connection network cable unplugged".  Any other suggestion?

1.8K Posts

September 1st, 2015 11:00

Hi,

Even though I'm not using wireless in this laptop (Win7) it still has the option for managing wireless networks because my wireless is turned on and the card is active.  Try this link from Microsoft to show how to get to the "Manage Wireless Networks" directly.    You may want to physically reseat the card as well, to see if that helps the system acknowledge it.

But you said you went into Device Manager and it shows the card active and no bangs or alerts are listed for the wireless card, correct?  (BTW, which wireless card?  Intel, obviously, but let me know which model)  

Not sure which Intel driver version you're using, but the "does not support Proset" error message is weird.  Maybe try rolling back to an earlier version of the driver?

Assuming your card is one of these:   Intel 6235/6300/6250/6205/6200 WiFi Driver

The latest version on our site is Intel Version 16.1.1, A06, that was released in Oct 2013.  Is that what you have on your system currently?

Todd

6 Posts

September 1st, 2015 12:00

Hi Todd,

the link helped me find "manage wireless network", so I deleted all profiles and rebooted, but to no effect. In device manager, under "Network adapter", are listed: Intel 25LM gigabit network connection, Intel centrino advanced N6200 AGN and Microsoft Virtual Wifi miniport adapter.

Can you give me a link on how to reseat the card?

1.8K Posts

September 1st, 2015 13:00

Here is a link to the service manual for the E6510.   Instructions on removing (or reseating) the wireless card start on page 51. 

Todd

6 Posts

September 1st, 2015 21:00

I did reseat the wireless card but alas, no improvement. Any other idea?

1.8K Posts

September 2nd, 2015 09:00

Device manager says everything enabled and working fine. Diagnostic tool: hardware test failed "driver version does not support Intel PROset/ wireless."  

I keep coming back to this and I'm not sure why you're getting this error or what it represents.  Did we try removing all the Proset software and Intel drivers and trying to install them again from scratch?  

Todd

6 Posts

October 5th, 2015 15:00

Unfortunately, the problem returned. I lose wifi connection without doing anything, as if the switch is suddenly turned off. Then, hours later, the connection returns, again without cause that I'm aware off. Very strange and annoying.

No Events found!