Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2017 08:00

Limited WiFi Connection Options

I performed a scan on my Dell Inspiron 7010 two nights ago.  Following this, I believe, I can only "see" the wireless connection to my router (both 2.4 and 5g)  if I access the Network and Sharing Center on my system tray.  All other available wifi connections are gone.  This would be OK unless I get a new modem or take my laptop to a coffee shop or hotel. I have searched and have not seen this exact problem.  Any help would be appreciated. I have somewhat limited computer skills.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 15th, 2017 09:00

What operating system is installed in the 2010 Inspiron N7010? What specific "scan" did you run? Assuming you mean the wireless scan? Press the F2 key to turn wireless off. Restart the Inspiron N7010. Once back into Windows, press F2 key to turn wireless on. Scan the wireless networks. What appears?

May 15th, 2017 11:00

Chris, thank you for your response.  I am using Windows 10 on an i5. I ran two complete scans from McAfee and Windows Defender since I hadn't done them in a long time.  Prior to posting I had done a System Restore with no luck.  After attempting to perform your suggestions,  I saw where I could undo the scan.  I did that and unbelievably I have the connections showing again!!  Thank you again for getting me pointed in the right direction.

June 22nd, 2017 12:00

Wow! something new to learn, thanks for providing such a technical question and replies, I really enjoying this community..

1 Message

June 23rd, 2017 12:00

Tenda_590FD0

No Events found!