adams9400
1 Copper

Linksys PCI Wireless card not recognized in VIsta 32

Hi all. Looking for some help on an Inspiron Desktop 531 I bought used. I pulled a Linksys b/G card from a Dell 8200 desktop that it's replacing and I can't get Vista to acknowledge that the card is installed. I have the updated Vista driver download from Linksys, but it doesn't do me any good if the system can't find the card. Any suggestions? FYI, machine also arrived with driver issues on DVD unit and TV Tuner, rendering both inoperable. I am using a USB jump drive to install software updates, but Dell downloads for system haven't resolved any issues. Thanks for any assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
adams9400
1 Copper

Re: Linksys PCI Wireless card not recognized in VIsta 32

I discoverd the card wasn't properly seated. All's well now. I have other issues, if I may . ..

DVD r/w has driver issues. ("Windows cannot load driver. May be corrupt") I downloaded a new driver from the Dell Service Tag link (TS-H653B_TG00.bin), tried to update driver thru device manager, Vista answered that the driver was up to date, yet the device still had the yellow mark in device manager and the previous driver was still linked. I tried unplugging the drive, restarting without the drive hooked up, then reattached, thinking that I could go through the add hardware wizard and install the new driver from the downloaded file. Still no go as the system just loaded the default MS CD Driver. Any suggestions to get this dvd player up again? Thanks

0 Kudos