Highlighted
blackandorange
1 Copper

Linksys WRT54G: Changed my metwork name. Now my Dell 968W printer can't communicate with my computer.

This morning, I noticed my wifi network name changed.  It was named "Linksys" and wasn't password protected.  The name was changed to Linksys_SES_30477.  I did not make this change.  I thought perhaps somebody was hacking into my network.  I change my network name.  Since then it seems I can't print from my wirelessly networked Dell 968W printer.  Could the name change have effected this?

I need to get my printer to communicate with my CPU.  I am using Vista and have no problems accessing the internet.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: Linksys WRT54G: Changed my metwork name. Now my Dell 968W printer can't communicate with my computer.

blackandorange,

The person that hacked into your network has created problems for you. Leaving your network unsecure was the blame.

Try hitting the reset button in the back of the router for 60 seconds, this will reste the router back to factory settings.

Attach an ethernet cable from the numbered port to your computer and setup the wireless router. Make a new SSID to make connecting easier. Use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11.

After you have your network secured and restart the ISP modem/router, wireless router(if any) and the computer, you'll need to setup the printer like you did when it was new.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos