Highlighted

Loss of network adapter for XPS 13 9350

I've been through a longwinded process of trying to reset my Dell XPS 13 9350 back to an original windows state. After using Window's reset functionality to try and reset my PC I was put into a reset loop during the reinstall of windows. Do get around this looping, I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 installation. 

This worked and I had a fresh new windows machine. However, it seems there's some crucial drivers missing including my network adapter and a display driver. At this point I'm unable to even view any WiFi networks and when troubleshooting I get the error message "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver".

I've tried downloading drivers from the dell drivers listed for my laptop as well as any missing intel drivers from a USB. Neither have done the trick, and as far as the dell drivers are concerned I did install the system utilities and chipset drivers first. 

I feel like I've exhausted my options and any help or direction would be appreciated. I also plan to boot Ubuntu on this laptop, is it possible that Ubuntu would resolve any missing drivers? Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos