wasp4819
1 Copper

Re: MIssing my network controller driver after re-installed windows 7

Jump to solution

This is a insperation 560 ( Admin Note: Removed Service Tag as per Privacy Policy ) 64 bit with windows 7. I have  the driver disk that came with my computer but the network driver will not install, so i went to the web site and tried to install the driver but it would not take also. Thankyou.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi George,

After the operating system is installed in the new hard drive, the drivers should be installed in correct order for proper functionality of the hardware components of the computer. Please use this link which shows the right order: http://dell.to/YHndJF

While following the order mentioned above in the link, install the Network card drivers from here: http://dell.to/1cHx0oK

Please post the results.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

0 Kudos
hamzagabar
1 Copper

Jump to solution

MIssing my network controller driver after re-installed windows 7

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi hamzagabar,

To assist you further, please provide the system model.

Also, I suggest you to copy the drivers on a Disk or a flash drive by following the below mentioned steps from a different computer and install the drivers from the Disk/USB flash drive in the laptop:

1. Visit the following website in a different computer: http://dell.to/17F08dH
  2. Enter the Service tag of the system (which has network problem) in the box provided and click “Submit”.
  3. In the next page, click drop down arrow to select the Operating System which is installed in the computer.
  4. Select the Network drivers accordingly from the list and click “Download File” and save the file on desktop.
  5. Copy all the files from the desktop into Disk/USB flash drive.
  6. Insert the Disk/USB flash drive in system which is having a network problem and install the drivers.
  7. Run the downloaded file and restart the system.

Try connecting to the internet after installing the drivers and post the results.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

0 Kudos
Noonu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi

My dell N5030 ,windows 7 ultimate 32 bit also have the same problem.It does not detecting the wifi.And shows as the network controller is not installed.

VEN_168C DEV_002B

Please help me.

Thanks .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi Noonu,

Link: ftp.dell.com/.../R299167.exe

Atheros Wifi Driver for your system

Mark my answer as resolved if your issue is resolved

Best Regards,

VeejDeej

Endorse me: http://goo.gl/C3567
Dell user
mike1847
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem.  I have a Latitude E6430 with Windows 7 32-bit installed.  The Network Controller has the following values:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0082&SUBSYS_13218086&REV_34
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0082&SUBSYS_13218086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0082&CC_028000
PIC\VEN_8086&DEV_0082&CC_0280

When I put in my service tag, it suggested that I install the Intel WIDI application (WIDI 3.5.40.0.A03), but I received an install abort error during the install.  The error message was "This platform is not compatible with Intel (R) WIDI or application is in use.

I would like to get the Network controller driver installed so I can use my wireless connection.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi mike1847,

Refer the following link to install  drivers for 6205 WLAN card: http://dell.to/1doFnnK

Select Download file and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Restart the computer and try connecting to Wireless network.

Please post the results.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
mike1847
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi DELL-Nikhil D,

I went to that link and downloaded the 6205 WLAN card driver.  It installed without any problem.  I restarted my computer and still no connection to Wireless networks.  I also confirmed that the "NETWORK CONTROLLER" is still needing a driver from my Device Manager.

I also noticed that this 6205 WLAN card driver indicates its for a 64 bit Windows 7 OS.  I have installed a 32 bit Windows 7 OS, could that be the problem?  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mike1847

0 Kudos
mike1847
1 Copper

Jump to solution

With the information you provided, I was able to find a driver by searching the Dell site.  The correct driver that worked for me was located at www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails.  Thanks.

0 Kudos