Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 23rd, 2012 13:00

MIssing my network controller driver after re-installed windows 7

Hi, I hope someone can find a solution to this problem, I have to re-installed windows 7 on my DELL Xps 17 due to a problem with Mcafee Software. Thinking that I would resolve one problem I end up with another one bigger than the first one, so know I am missing my network controller driver which I can not find any ware. That is the only drive that I need for my wireless to work, and I am going a bit mad here try to find a solution, Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 Posts

August 11th, 2013 17:00

I having the same  problem as above.. lost my network drivers after I put in a new hard drive..Please help!  Sorry my name is George.

2.6K Posts

August 12th, 2013 05:00

Hi George,

To assist you further, please post the system model and operating system installed in it.

Awaiting your response!

2 Posts

August 12th, 2013 06:00

This is a insperation 560 ( Admin Note: Removed Service Tag as per Privacy Policy ) 64 bit with windows 7. I have  the driver disk that came with my computer but the network driver will not install, so i went to the web site and tried to install the driver but it would not take also. Thankyou.

2.6K Posts

August 12th, 2013 09:00

Hi George,

After the operating system is installed in the new hard drive, the drivers should be installed in correct order for proper functionality of the hardware components of the computer. Please use this link which shows the right order: http://dell.to/YHndJF

While following the order mentioned above in the link, install the Network card drivers from here: http://dell.to/1cHx0oK

Please post the results.

2 Posts

August 17th, 2013 20:00

MIssing my network controller driver after re-installed windows 7

2.6K Posts

August 18th, 2013 09:00

Hi hamzagabar,

To assist you further, please provide the system model.

Also, I suggest you to copy the drivers on a Disk or a flash drive by following the below mentioned steps from a different computer and install the drivers from the Disk/USB flash drive in the laptop:

1. Visit the following website in a different computer: http://dell.to/17F08dH
  2. Enter the Service tag of the system (which has network problem) in the box provided and click “Submit”.
  3. In the next page, click drop down arrow to select the Operating System which is installed in the computer.
  4. Select the Network drivers accordingly from the list and click “Download File” and save the file on desktop.
  5. Copy all the files from the desktop into Disk/USB flash drive.
  6. Insert the Disk/USB flash drive in system which is having a network problem and install the drivers.
  7. Run the downloaded file and restart the system.

Try connecting to the internet after installing the drivers and post the results.

2 Posts

August 19th, 2013 00:00

Hi

My dell N5030 ,windows 7 ultimate 32 bit also have the same problem.It does not detecting the wifi.And shows as the network controller is not installed.

VEN_168C DEV_002B

Please help me.

Thanks .

August 19th, 2013 02:00

Hi Noonu,

Link: ftp.dell.com/.../R299167.exe

Atheros Wifi Driver for your system

3 Posts

August 19th, 2013 18:00

I'm having the exact same problem.  I have a Latitude E6430 with Windows 7 32-bit installed.  The Network Controller has the following values:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0082&SUBSYS_13218086&REV_34
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0082&SUBSYS_13218086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0082&CC_028000
PIC\VEN_8086&DEV_0082&CC_0280

When I put in my service tag, it suggested that I install the Intel WIDI application (WIDI 3.5.40.0.A03), but I received an install abort error during the install.  The error message was "This platform is not compatible with Intel (R) WIDI or application is in use.

I would like to get the Network controller driver installed so I can use my wireless connection.

2.6K Posts

August 20th, 2013 04:00

Hi mike1847,

Refer the following link to install  drivers for 6205 WLAN card: http://dell.to/1doFnnK

Select Download file and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Restart the computer and try connecting to Wireless network.

Please post the results.

3 Posts

August 20th, 2013 19:00

Hi DELL-Nikhil D,

I went to that link and downloaded the 6205 WLAN card driver.  It installed without any problem.  I restarted my computer and still no connection to Wireless networks.  I also confirmed that the "NETWORK CONTROLLER" is still needing a driver from my Device Manager.

I also noticed that this 6205 WLAN card driver indicates its for a 64 bit Windows 7 OS.  I have installed a 32 bit Windows 7 OS, could that be the problem?  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mike1847

3 Posts

August 20th, 2013 20:00

With the information you provided, I was able to find a driver by searching the Dell site.  The correct driver that worked for me was located at www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails.  Thanks.

2 Posts

August 20th, 2013 23:00

Thank you so much VEEJDEEJ .............. Problem Solved .....

4 Posts

August 27th, 2013 11:00

My Dell Inspiron Duo is also suffering the same problem after a reinstall of Windows. I have a yellow exclamation mark after the Network Controller in Device Manager (and another entry underneath which says 'Unknown device' - also with yellow exclamation mark). 

I have downloaded the three drivers R283212, R283215, and R297914 on another computer, and have attempted to reinstall via USB. There is no CD/DVD drive on this model.

• One is for an ethernet connector, and will not install as the Dell Inspiron Duo does not have a port for an ethernet cable.
  • One is for the Broadcom BCM4313 WLAN Combo Card Driver, and this will not install - "No compatible hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system"; and
  • The last one is for the Atheros driver, and it goes all through the installation, and then tells me in a little dialogue bubble from the wi-fi icon in the system tray that the software has not been installed.

The numbers for the Network controller are VEN_14E4&DEV_4727

My Service Tag is [redacted]. The computer was bought in Hungary sometime last year, though I am in the UK. I reinstalled Win7 Home Premium SP1 two days ago, and have had this problem ever since. 

Would you be able to help me?

Regards,

KTUK.

4 Posts

August 27th, 2013 12:00

Hello Saharsh,

Thank you for your reply. It is a 32-bit system, sorry. I have sorted out the 'unknown device' entry (accelerometer).

Screenshot can be seen here: http://www.imageshack.com/scaled/large/542/13i6.png (Sorry, the file size was too big, so I couldn't put it here). In case you cannot click on an external link, I can tell you that under 'Other devices' there is only 'Network Controller' with the yellow exclamation mark. There is no separate entry for Network Controller, other than this.

The hardware IDs are:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_00101028&REV_01

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_00101028

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC028000

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC0280

I hope this helps.

Regards,

KTUK

No Events found!