Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 21st, 2013 17:00

{MOVED}Issue with wifi adapter on dell inspiron 7720r se

Basically, I have a trouble with wireless internet connection; network disconnects for a second and connects back to a wifi network. Sometimes internet connection just freezes, I have to wait for about 2-3min until internet starts working again. It is really annoying when I play online games or just surfing the internet. I’ve tried to solve my issue by using dell problem detection, says everything is alright. Also tried to delete wifi driver and install new one, after rebooting adapter driver just backs up to an older version for some reason. I hope to get some suggections :emotion-1:    

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 21st, 2013 17:00

The thing about back up driver is not true, i have this issue with my intel grafics card, but it is ok. I am only worried about internet connection.*

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 21st, 2013 18:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

By any chance have you tried connecting your laptop to LAN/Wired connection? Just to check if it also drops the connection. Also, try to logon to safe mode with networking. restart the computer, on Dell logo keep tapping F8. Choose safe mode with networking. Test the connectivity during safe mode login.

Let me know of the results.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 31st, 2013 13:00

Ive tryed lan connection, works even worse. In safe mode could not really do anything to spot problems.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 2nd, 2013 21:00

When in safe mode with networking, will the connection work correctly?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2013 09:00

It works, but i can not test any internet drops, because it takes time to lag, it lags randomly, when I use internet for a long time.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 4th, 2013 17:00

Hi, possible hardware issue. Can you add me as a friend and send a private message with service tag. Thank you

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 5th, 2013 13:00

Hi, i've checked Event Viewer - Custim Views - Administrative Events, and i noticed the most frequent(or the only error) which occures more then 5 times a day at least. It sais following:

"Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x6236DD0AA145.  The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 6th, 2013 10:00

I think i've solved my issue by Unchecking “Internet Protocol Version 6”. Tested online game, worked fine.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 6th, 2013 12:00

No, my problem did not solve keep getting time to time message above, during internet drops.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 9th, 2013 23:00

Try to back up files and reset the computer to factory settings by Windows 8 recovery.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 9th, 2013 23:00

For Windows 8, go to settings, click Power, then Hold down the Shift Key, while holding it down, click restart, then troubleshoot.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 10th, 2013 08:00

I 've done reset multiple couple of times (about 6), because i had issues with kaspersky antivirus. After 3rd or 4th reset i got this issue. I will try to reinstall windows completely maybe even use my previous copy of windows 7. Unfortunatelly i am not able to do it right now, because i have no time. I will do it as soon as i will have free time and report about issues if i still have them.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 11th, 2013 00:00

I understand. Just post back for any updates or if help is needed. Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 08:00

Hi, I re installed my windows, was not really helpful. I had an idea of replacing my wifi chip, with another one (it looks like it will fit). But i can not unscrew wlan chip from my dell. It seems like it was glued in there or something, can you give me a hint how to unscrew it please?

1.5K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 10:00

Hi anton27,

Please open the Owner's Manual that I have shared with you in my initial reply. Check page numbers 31,32 and 33 for complete instructions on removing and replacing the wireless card. For your reference below is the procedure to remove the wireless card:

• Disconnect the antenna cables from the connectors on the Mini-Card.
  • Remove the screw that secures the Mini-Card to the system-board connector.

• Lift the Mini-Card out of the system-board connector.

Note: Please read through the pages for complete set of instructions. Also, make sure that you follow the all the safety guidelines.

Hope this helps. Reply if you have any questions, I'll be happy to assist further.

No Events found!