Anonymous
6 Indium

{MOVED}Issue with wifi adapter on dell inspiron 7720r se

Basically, I have a trouble with wireless internet connection; network disconnects for a second and connects back to a wifi network. Sometimes internet connection just freezes, I have to wait for about 2-3min until internet starts working again. It is really annoying when I play online games or just surfing the internet. I’ve tried to solve my issue by using dell problem detection, says everything is alright. Also tried to delete wifi driver and install new one, after rebooting adapter driver just backs up to an older version for some reason. I hope to get some suggections emoticon.Smile.title    

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Anonymous
6 Indium

Re: Issue with wifi adapter on dell inspiron 7720r se

The thing about back up driver is not true, i have this issue with my intel grafics card, but it is ok. I am only worried about internet connection.*

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Welcome to the community

By any chance have you tried connecting your laptop to LAN/Wired connection? Just to check if it also drops the connection. Also, try to logon to safe mode with networking. restart the computer, on Dell logo keep tapping F8. Choose safe mode with networking. Test the connectivity during safe mode login.

Let me know of the results.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
6 Indium

Ive tryed lan connection, works even worse. In safe mode could not really do anything to spot problems.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

When in safe mode with networking, will the connection work correctly?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
6 Indium

It works, but i can not test any internet drops, because it takes time to lag, it lags randomly, when I use internet for a long time.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, possible hardware issue. Can you add me as a friend and send a private message with service tag. Thank you

0 Kudos
Anonymous
6 Indium

Hi, i've checked Event Viewer - Custim Views - Administrative Events, and i noticed the most frequent(or the only error) which occures more then 5 times a day at least. It sais following:

"Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x6236DD0AA145.  The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

0 Kudos
Anonymous
6 Indium

I think i've solved my issue by Unchecking “Internet Protocol Version 6”. Tested online game, worked fine.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
6 Indium

No, my problem did not solve keep getting time to time message above, during internet drops.

0 Kudos