Highlighted
2 Iron

Making E5500 Bluetooth work in Windows 10

Jump to solution

I'm posting this in the hope that it could be useful to other users in similar situation as me.  I was struggling to make the Bluetooth module work in Win 10 but I didn't give up.  After several trial and error, lo and behold!  There's actually a way out.

I have a Dell Latitude E5500 in which I have Win 10 Pro 64bit.  It has a Dell Bluetooth 370 (that I think is actually made by Broadcom).  But the bluetooth is not recognized by Win 10.  I downloaded R246770.exe (the correct driver for Win7 and up) from dell.com.  But whenever I tried to install it, I just got the message "This app can't run on this PC"!!!  (Actually, I have downloaded a LOT of previous versions of this driver, but none works).

Here is the solution:
* Uncompress R246770.exe
* Go down the folders to R246770 \ Win64
* Run Inst.exe

I had actually tried to run other exe's but none of them worked.  So no need to waste your time.

Hope this could give some ideas to other users who are using different Bluetooth modules.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
2 Iron

RE: Making E5500 Bluetooth work in Windows 10

Jump to solution

My previous post was not a question but a statement.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
2 Iron

RE: Making E5500 Bluetooth work in Windows 10

Jump to solution

My previous post was not a question but a statement.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Making E5500 Bluetooth work in Windows 10

Jump to solution

It's a pity that Dell makes computers that last 10 years or more but never manage to keep up delivering the right drivers to latest versions of system ...even when they already exist!

That's the same as if we had bought concurrent brands that last only 3 years!

Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Making E5500 Bluetooth work in Windows 10

Jump to solution

thank you so much ive been trying myself to get that pesky bluetooth to work on win10