McAfeeSupport
1 Copper

McAfee DAT Update Causing Internet Connectivity Issues for Some Users

If you're a McAfee consumer customer experiencing network connectivity loss, it could be due to a recent update. We apologize for any inconvenience. Information on how to fix the issue here on our service site: http://mcaf.ee/s3b79. If you would like to speak to a consumer support representative directly, please call us: (866) 622-3911

0 Kudos
16 Replies
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: McAfee DAT Update Causing Internet Connectivity Issues for Some Users

Try reading...

Software Updates Causes Wireless Connectivity Issue Or Unable to Connect to Internet

Use system restore to before Saturday night, and your connection should come back.

Then Update McAfee.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Tony.45
1 Copper

Restore did not work even going back 3 or 4 restore points.  In my case it was the "New XPS 15" and it was actually brand new.  Opened on Aug 17, worked fine until Saturday Aug 18 and researched this Forum and other places with nothing found.   The solution to Fix this:  Uninstall McAffee and the internet connection works, but your computer is vulnerable now.  Go immediately to www.mcafee.com and sign into your account, and you can select to reinstall. The whole fix took about 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tony.45
1 Copper

Dear support, you need to get in synch with your help desk.  They provided this link http://service.mcafee.com/faq/TS101446.htm and stated to go directly to Step 3.  Bottom line is Uninstall McAfee, internet works again, go back to www.mcafee.com log in and reinstall McAfee.

0 Kudos
sm7thme
1 Nickel

I did not have a restore point so it was impossible for me to restore the system! 😞

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
sm7thme
1 Nickel

If McAfee ruins the connection to internet, why should I re-install it?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Tony.45
1 Copper

it was a bad update that McAfee published, then they fixed the update.  You could not received the new update because your computer would not connect.  When you reinstall, it will be a good clean version of McAfee.  I'm assuming you've paid for McAfee or it came with your system, so you paid one way or the other, so take advantage and McAfee is a good Antivirus program. emoticon.Cool.title

0 Kudos
gnzl1964
1 Copper

MVT solution worked fine

0 Kudos
Airstrip1
1 Copper

I have just experienced major problems connecting to the internet which I thought was caused by a problem with my internet router. The company that supply my phone/internet service provided me with a new router and of course this did not work once I had connected everything up. It was on contacting Dell that I found out the problem being caused by McAfee's latest update. Fortunately the Dell representative solved the problem for me. However, the problem also affected Mozilla Firefox on my pc and it was only through the help of a friend of mine in Germany that I was able to get various regular websites that I use back to their normal function. 

I have since removed the McAfee anti-virus software from my computer and have purchased Norton 360. I used Norton on my old pc and never had a single problem with them. Given the problems that appear to have occurred previously with McAfee I am wondering whether Dell should be recommending this anti-virus software.It will certainly have caused Dell employees to have been engaged in many man hours to sort the problem out. Will Dell be seeking compensation from McAfee?

The service I received from the Dell representative was first class and I am pleased to say that my desk top computer is now functioning normally.

0 Kudos
Airstrip1
1 Copper

I agree. I have removed McAfee from my desk top pc and installed Norton. The problem caused by McAfee meant that I was with internet connection for almost a week. How was I to know about this problem if I could not connect to the internet? No doubt you have found an alternative to McAfee by now.

0 Kudos