Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

November 19th, 2003 20:00

Mini pci card from a pci card?

I have read somewhere that you could remove a wireless mini pci card from a regular pci card. I thought this was a d-link DWLG-520. After getting this card I find that there is no mini pci card on it. If anyone can tell me the make and model of a PCI card that I can remove a A/B/G card from

Thank you

64 Posts

November 19th, 2003 22:00

What you are reffering to is a mini-PCI card taken out of wireless access point or the router. It is possible, but you will give up your access point or the router.

28 Posts

November 20th, 2003 01:00

I know you can get them out of AP's and routers, but someone posted a thread about a D-link wireless pci card that had a mini pci card on it! I was wondering what card it was!

7.3K Posts

November 20th, 2003 02:00

Just look at the pci card and under the metal shield you will see a white connector - that is the mini-pci interface connector.  The card would also need to have a U.FL connector for the antenna connection.

This is one to look at for the connector, right above the gold pci fingers:
ftp://ftp10.dlink.com/images/products/DWL-520+/DWL-520+.jpg

28 Posts

November 20th, 2003 18:00

With the card I had, there was no mini pci card on it, That is why I was wantong to get the right make and model number for the one that does!

November 20th, 2003 18:00

Peel off (may require brute force, or hair dryer, sometimes there's glue) the square or rectangle metal case and look for it.

No Events found!