Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

May 14th, 2010 17:00

Missing Wireless icon in "Network Connections"

Computer: laptop D-610

Problem: Missing Wireless icon in "Network Connections" after installing R151519.EX after uninstalling INTEL PRO

The wireless device does not show up in System - Hardware - Devices Manager - Network adapters

Get " ? other devices - network controller "  below network adapters.

Objective: Would like to install the drives for the internal wireless and get icon in Network Connections.

Question:  Which drives should be install and how to install them? Please click by click.

887 Posts

May 14th, 2010 18:00

why did you remove the wireless drivers to begin with?  are you 100% certain you have the intel pro wireless adapter (and not a dell wireless adpater)?  If so, that driver seems old.  From what I see the current intel pro wireless drivers are A18 with R257684.exe as the file name.  Follow the download and install instructions from dell.  remove the other wireless drivers first and reboot.  then follow the install instructions.

26 Posts

May 14th, 2010 18:00

How do I know which one  ? Intel pro wireless adapter or dell wireless adapter ?

The download driver page is confusing. Can U check the web page and tell me which one to install.

Please indicate which one to Download and install.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&catid=5&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PM_D610&hidos=WW1&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False

I have Downloaded the Dell Driver applies to: Wireless (US) WLAN Card that is recommended 3/22/2007.

Extracted the file and let the installation finish. After the installation the Device manager indicates a "!" network controller.

887 Posts

May 15th, 2010 00:00

R151519 is for a dell wlan adapter.  You said you removed Intel Pro drivers... is that what was originally installed?  Check your system configuration to confirm if you have Intel Pro wlan or a Dell wlan adapter.   Determine the exact type of wlan adapter you have and download the correct driver for it.  Print the installation instructions.  Uninstall any wlan drivers you have installed.  Reboot.  Install the drivers following the printed instructions.  Reboot.

I am not sure what all you have done and why.  If you have reinstalled XP there is a sequence to reinstalling drivers.  Why did you uninstall the IntelPro drivers? 

26 Posts

May 15th, 2010 01:00

It seems I have the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection adapter.

I was able to install the R257684 drivers. But the drivers did not install the PCI modem hardware. I am getting "!" for PCI Modem & PCI Simple Communication Controller.

How do I install the MODEM now ?

887 Posts

May 15th, 2010 08:00

ok, one issue at a time... did you get the Intel Pro wlan adapter working?

modem drivers are different than wlan.... seems you must have reinistalled your OS or for some reason unistalled a lot of different drivers.

26 Posts

May 15th, 2010 11:00

So what do I need to do to install the Modem for D-610 ?

Is there a driver on the web page for modems ?

No Events found!